Subaru WRX Forum banner

OMG Racekar, Budget SM SCCA Daily Driver, MotionLab Tuned

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  wreckingball man 
#1 · (Edited)
OMG Racekar, Budget STM SCCA Daily Driver, MotionLab Tuned

Introduction

Hey guys and lady types. As many of you may know I was the one with the ratty old bugeye. But this thread is not about that car. This thread is about a beautiful blue WRX that I just picked up not too long ago. I decided it was time to move on and let the old bugeye go, and for obvious reasons. So I set out to find the most pristine WRX that I could find. And I think I may have found her.

Definitely a garage queen, this car came from the local area. The guy who owned it was a big player in the local Subaru club around the time I joined. I got to know him and I got to see the car grow along the way. So when my chance finally came to buy it, I didn't hesitate. Well... I hesitated a little. I blame my hesitation on my old black bugeye, seeing as it was never quite reliable. But regardless, I made the move and bought it. By the middle of the summer I was bringing this gorgeous blue car home with me and into my garage where it will continue to be a garage queen. However, if anyone knows me, it will be driven very often!

The goals of this car are a little different. I want to keep this thing around as a regular driver for years to come. I also do not wish to modify or upgrade it "unnecessarily." So I will be sticking to my old rule of 'only upgrade when something breaks or needs replacing.' So prepare yourselves for what I predict to be a pretty boring build aspect of this thread. Sorry if that's what you wanted...not sorry ;) This thread will hopefully be all driving, racing, events, and photos.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Thread Contents:
  • Introduction..................................................................................Page 1, Post #1
  • Pictures........................................................................................Page 1, Post #6
  • List of Modifications....................................................................Page 1, Post #10
  • Pictures........................................................................................Page 1, Post #13
  • Day 190: US129 The Dragon - Pictures..............................................Page 1, Post #14

KSOC: Knoxville Subaru Owners Club
Knoxville Subaru Owners Club - Home

#10 · (Edited)
Modifications and General Infos

2009 Subaru WRX Impreza
STM #599
ETRSCCA Solo II 2014, 2015

Cobb AccessPort tune by Motion Lab, North Carolina
-301whp
-367ft/tq

Engine/Exhaust
Grimmspeed Light Weight Crank Pulley
Grimmspeed 3 port Electronic Boost Control Solenoid K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
Perrin Top Mount Intercooler
Forge Fully Recirculating BOV
NGK One Step Colder Plugs
Gates Racing Timing Belt Kit
Subaru STI Oil Pump
Samco Radiator Hoses
Tomei Timing Belt Guide

Invidia Equal Length Headers
Invidia Up Pipe
Invidia Catless Down Pipe
Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust Single Exit
Grimmspeed Double Thick Gaskets

Drivetrain/Brakes
Kartboy Short Throw Shifter with bushings
ACT Heavy Duty Performance Street Disc Clutch & Pressure Plate (replaced @ mileage 93,000) ACT Streetlite Flywheel
Stainless Steel Clutch Line
Group N Transmission Mount
Whiteline Gearbox Positive Shift Kit
Motul 75w-90

Stoptech Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Hawk HPS Pads
Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace

Suspension/Wheels
Eibach Sport Springs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Eibach 25mm Front Sway Bar
Eibach 22mm Rear Sway Bar
Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
Megan Racing H-Brace
GT Spec Rear Camber Arms
Whiteline Roll Center Kit
SubtleSolutions 3/8” Rear Saggy Butt Spacers w/extended studs
GT Spec Rear Sway Bar Links Brace

Subaru Factory Rims 17x7 with Falken ZIEX ZE-329 225/45 (daily drivers)
Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45 with Hankook Ventus 245/40

Exterior/Extras/Audio
Subaru SPT Boost Gauge
Hella Supertone Horns w/Subimods bracket Rally Armor UR Mudflaps
Subaru OEM Rain Guards

Grimmspeed Radiator Shroud
Grimmspeed Alternator Cover
Grimmspeed Turbo Heat Shield

Sony XAV-60 DVD Head Unit w/iPod integration
Pioneer 4x6.5 Speakers
Infinity Bass Link Powered Sub

#16 ·
I decided it was time to upgrade, so I did a lot of saving. I saw that I could afford the blue car. I made the switch, sold the bugeye and took a loan out on the difference. It will be paid off this year :party:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.