My wild story as to how I completed a dream and became a 2002 wrx wagon onwer yesterd
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on My wild story as to how I completed a dream and became a 2002 wrx wagon onwer yesterd within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; (Originally posted this in "Everyday Impreza talk" but figured it might fit better here) Hey all. I joined Club wrx ...

I Support ClubWRX

My wild story as to how I completed a dream and became a 2002 wrx wagon onwer yesterd

(Originally posted this in "Everyday Impreza talk" but figured it might fit better here)

Hey all. I joined Club wrx earlier this year after buying my girlfriend an 05 Saab 9-2x. Well after the snowpacolypse hit last year we got the Saabaru and it dominated the roads that left lesser cars (like my 2000 Si) in ditches. I made it my mission to own a WRX before the 2014-15 winter hit. I have always wanted a Subaru, more importantly I've always wanted a wrx or an STI.

Luck would have it that Zax was selling his Bug Eye around the same time I was looking to buy. Seeing as the bug eye wagon is my favorite looking of the WRX's it was perfect. Plus he has a really well documented and well put together thread on his build. A ****ing awesome build too.

Well at the end of this past spring, as we were setting things up for me to buy at the end of summer several things went horribly wrong. Being a full time college student I am somewhat reliant on financial aid. I got turned down for this past summer semester. So that hit me hard in the pocket.

Then my roommate bailed on me with no notice, and no money to cover his half of rent. My girlfriend and I can't afford all the rent on our own so we had to move. Another pocket draining obstacle, but it's not the worse.

After all this, a weld on my 2000 Civic Si at the catalytic converter went bad and cracked. I it took into a shop that quoted me $25 to fix the weld. The place seemed shady but I figured oh well, I'll just watch them do the weld and make sure no one steals anything off my car.

As they lower it they pop the hood and start the car. I figure it's no big deal. They all hover over the hood, talk and I'm like "okay what's wrong?" And I walk up. I ask if "everything is okay?" And they say "yes" and close the hood.

I pay them and leave, but I feel like I am being followed. I feel like I am being paranoid but still take the extra long way home to be sure. Like EXTRA long.

My Si was stolen 2 days later.

It devastated me. Like, this was one of my dream cars as a kid and I busted my ass for years to buy it. And even though I had out grown it, I still loved it. Not to mention selling it was a key part of being able to buy Zax's wagon.

Called the cop's, there's an investigation that's still going on. But there's no proof the shop I went to has anything to do with the theft and at this point my car is probably in a thousand little pieces on a bunch of other cars. Heartbreaking honestly and is one of the reasons I just haven't been on this forum or really any forum in a while. That and I have been busy trying pay bills.

But I had to move on. I file a claim with my insurance company and deny me because I don't have theft coverage on my car. That is my fault because I owned a popular car for theft without that particular coverage .

At this point I have $2000 in my bank account. Zax's bug eye is no longer even close to being in my neighborhood of options.

I find a really clean 2003 MK4 24V GLI with a six speed and jump on it. Lucky me.

(All pictures taken at my moms house as that's where I wash my cars and where I keep my tools.)

Even came with Michelin run flats.

And honestly, this was actually a super upgrade from my Si. This car was fast, torquie, luxurious and the six speed was straight sex. But VW's are a bitch to work on and super expensive to maintain. Plus I'm so over FWD.

So after a month and a half I put it up on Craig's list offering to trade for a WRX. No one bites. Until last weekend when I offered to trade for a WRX add I found.

He took the offer and we met up and traded yesterday.

So after a decade +2 years wait I finally got my WRX. and I'm in love.

It's not the one I wanted. It's not in the best shape either. But runs strong and one of the 3 previous owners was a Subie tech, so a lot of things are done right. But some were done wrong, so keep an eye out for my build thread.
    Last edited by livid_wrx; 08-29-2014 at 08:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That sucks about your SI...
    Along with the insurance company not doing anything!!

Congrats on finally getting your WRX!!
    Give it time and it will be where you want it!
    Can't wait to see what you do!

Oh, and Welcome!!
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    Instagram: Infamouszoltan
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamouszoltan View Post
    That sucks about your SI...
    Along with the insurance company not doing anything!!

Congrats on finally getting your WRX!!
    Give it time and it will be where you want it!
    Can't wait to see what you do!

Oh, and Welcome!!
    Thanks!

Yeah, thieves are the worst. But this will be my car. As awesome as Zax's wrx in all it's tuned 18g goodness, I get to build this myself and make it in my own image. Not to mention I got to tick another car off the bucket list. That GLI was real nice.
    Last edited by livid_wrx; 08-29-2014 at 09:00 AM.

I have had several friends who were really into VW's (not me i personally hate them)
    But i have been in a few GLI's that were actually pretty nice.
    One friend actually just had his GTI broken into and they took so much inside and out.

What plans do you have for the WRX??
    When did we stop being who we want to be, and start being the person the world told us to be...

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had several friends who were really into VW's (not me i personally hate them)
    One friend actually just had his GTI broken into and they took so much inside and out.

My entire family owns VW's.

Mom owns a 2006 Jetta.
    Dad has a 2014 Golf
    Sister owns a 2001 bug.
    Sister's boyfriend owns a 2010 GTI.

That GLI was my my favorite car up till the WRX. Not only is the thing super comfortable and supportive, like it hugs you, imagine if Santa was real and gave you hug. That's what it felt like. Perfect. But on top of that, it was beastly. It handled extremely well. Very stiff and stable while being nimble.

The VR6 with the six speed that came with it was smooth. It's the same set up the Audi TT has. Except the TT has AWD and a larger 3.2 displacement. It really was an awesome car. I wouldn't have been sad to keep it, even though VW's aren't my favorite either.

My plans for the wrx is to do brake upgrades. The rotors are visibly shot. I have my suspicion that the calipers are gone too, the brakes feel numb.

Then do full maintenance check. Belt kit was already done. But I feel like I'm losing power (besides the dump pipe that has an atmosphere vent stuck open... makes it sound like a mack truck) so I'm going to check for turbo leaks and vacuum leaks and change the spark plugs. Then I'm going to do a turbo back exhaust and stage 2 it in the winter.

Oh and suspension and body work too. But those are at the bottom of my list.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

My friend from work traded his Golf for a 2013 WRX.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    My friend from work traded his Golf for a 2013 WRX.
    Not a bad trade at all. Was it a GTI? If not then he definitely won out. The regular golf is a nice car but definitely not made for moding.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, thieves are the worst. But this will be my car. As awesome as Zax's wrx in all it's tuned 18g goodness, I get to build this myself and make it in my own image. Not to mention I got to tick another car off the bucket list. That GLI was real nice.

That sucks man sorry to hear some shady jerk stole your car.
    The only beef I had with Honda is they are notoriously easy to steal. Glad to see you got the car you really wanted, WRX bug eye wagon.
    That same thing happened to my Dad back in the day. He bought a new Ford F250 4x4, took it to a shop to change suspension for sand dunes on Cape Cod. He also added an alarm, the truck was stolen 5 days later. He swore it was the people who did his alarm.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

imagine if Santa was real and gave you hug.
    Wait what????

That ducks about the theft. Have fun with the wrx man.

imagine if Santa was real
    Santa isnt real!?
    My life is a lie....

Stink Eye Mob #801
    InfamousZoltanSTi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Wait what????

Don't worry ZOLTAN there is a Santa Claus.

Wait a minute who brought the ducks?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    Santa isnt real!?
    My life is a lie....
    Hail Zoltan.

Quote Originally Posted by UEDan View Post
    Wait what????

I mean it is awful. But in the end it all worked out I guess. I believe in karma and the thieves will get theirs in the end.

That sucks man sorry to hear some shady jerk stole your car.
    The only beef I had with Honda is they are notoriously easy to steal. Glad to see you got the car you really wanted, WRX bug eye wagon.
    That same thing happened to my Dad back in the day. He bought a new Ford F250 4x4, took it to a shop to change suspension for sand dunes on Cape Cod. He also added an alarm, the truck was stolen 5 days later. He swore it was the people who did his alarm.
    You put a lot of trust in people who work on your car. Gotta trust they won't **** you over. The officer said they might have put a GPS tracker on my Si at some point and used that as a back up. Apparently that happens a lot. Wonder if that happened to your dad?

Don't worry ZOLTAN there is a Santa Claus.

Wait a minute who brought the ducks?
    Mmmm ducks.

I Support ClubWRX

Sigh.... so beautiful.

I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=livid_wrx;3698721]Hail Zoltan.

I mean it is awful. But in the end it all worked out I guess. I believe in karma and the thieves will get theirs in the end.

You put a lot of trust in people who work on your car. Gotta trust they won't **** you over. The officer said they might have put a GPS tracker on my Si at some point and used that as a back up. Apparently that happens a lot. Wonder if that happened to your dad?

Not quite, my Dad's truck got stolen before the days of GPS and LoJack. The guys had done the alarm, so they knew how to disable it. The alarm plus all the suspension mods and roll bar, it made it worth it for the guys who stole it.

Nice pics!
    Gotta love the classic Bug eye in WRB. looks like is in good shape. Post some pics of under the hood so we can get a look see.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx

I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=TownLine500;3698833]
    Hail Zoltan.

Not quite, my Dad's truck got stolen before the days of GPS and LoJack. The guys had done the alarm, so they knew how to disable it. The alarm plus all the suspension mods and roll bar, it made it worth it for the guys who stole it.

Nice pics!
    Gotta love the classic Bug eye in WRB. looks like is in good shape. Post some pics of under the hood so we can get a look see.
    Ah, gotcha. My guess is it was either a craigs lister or that shop that stole the Si.

Also the wrx is completely stock. Lol a rarity haha but I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.