ClubWRX Forum banner

341 - 357 of 357 Posts

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Plan on sticking with the gtx3582 that is on the car. If I change it, it would be a 3576 for a slightly quicker spool time.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
My other half got me a nice gift for the STi for my Birthday. She got me my first mod on my way to making big power! She got me the Cobb 4-Bar MAP sensor. I will be ordering my KillerB Holy Header some time in June.

After that I will just need injectors, fuel pumps, cobb flex fuel sensor, fuel filter, and manual FPR.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Hope everyone is doing well out there! Havent been on here much lately. Life, and work. Mainly work, has been crazy. STi is still doing great. Bought myself a new motorcycle and put some money into it so further work on the STi has been put off until this winter.

But she is still running great. Had a local car show here over the labor day weekend and got her all cleaned up and out. Here are a few pics.

Untitled by Matthew Brumage, on Flickr

Reactions: Hank_VA

·
Registered
494 Posts
The only way I could keep my car looking that good would be to not drive. Mine's half the age of yours and the front end is riddled with stone chips. Luckily, the hood is aluminum and the front is plastic, so at least it can't rust.

How do you keep the front end looking so good?

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
The only way I could keep my car looking that good would be to not drive. Mine's half the age of yours and the front end is riddled with stone chips. Luckily, the hood is aluminum and the front is plastic, so at least it can't rust.

How do you keep the front end looking so good?
Just keep it clean and don't drive it in the winter. But my front end is far from perfect. Up close it still has the classic soft Subaru paint chips in it.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Well the STi is all cozied up in the garage for the winter. Already started compiling parts for the spring. I already have the cobb 4 bar map sensor, I will be ordering the cobb flex fuel sensor next week when I get paid, and the old lady let it slip that she got me the aeromotive a1000 FPR for me for xmas. I'll be putting in some overtime hours this winter to get the injectors, killer b holy header, and dual pump hanger. And then its just waiting for the weather to break to get it out and down to the guys at Andrewtech to make some real power.

Dan (the tuner) said I should be 650+whp on E85. Ill post up some pics of the parts as I collect and pile them up this winter.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Ordered my cobb flex fuel sensor kit today. One step closer to making moar power.

Here is my cobb 4-BAR map sensor and aeromotive a1000 fuel pressure regulator. I will post up more pics of parts as I get them over the next couple of months.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Reactions: Hank_VA

·
11,888 Posts
This went from im not going balls out to balls totally out

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
This went from im not going balls out to balls totally out
Idk about totally balls out lol. Working with Andrewtech on finishing the build, tuner said 650-700whp on e85 and will keep it in the low 500's on pump 93. Flex fuel sensor ordered. Still need injectors, dual pump hanger and pumps, fuel filter, and the killer holy header. Shooting for april/may to get down there to make some real power.

·
11,888 Posts
"nothing major just upwards of 700"
We have parted ways at what balls totally out means. I'm interested in hearing how it is to putt around town in that for you.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
"nothing major just upwards of 700"
We have parted ways at what balls totally out means. I'm interested in hearing how it is to putt around town in that for you.
Me too. Hoping the drivability doesn't change too awful much. Being fully built with the upgraded clutch and stuff already isn't horrible at all. The guys at Andrewtech and the tuner did a great job. I am sure that will change with the big fuel setup and stuff I am doing. But overall I don't think it will be drastic.

Been going back and fourth with Andrewtech and think we have finally settled on the exacts of the rest of parts. So it will be the things I just listed plus the following:
-ID1700 injectors
-Radium dual pump hanger with walbro 450's
-KillerB Holy Header
-Injector Dynamics f750 inline fuel filter

·
11,888 Posts
Yeah, the sti in general had way better torque out of boost than the wrx and would likely help in this situation assuming the dual avcs helps in the same way.

The lightened and ultra light flywheels are what kill driving more than anything makes it impossible not to stall the damned thing.

·
BooSTIng
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Yeah, the sti in general had way better torque out of boost than the wrx and would likely help in this situation assuming the dual avcs helps in the same way.

The lightened and ultra light flywheels are what kill driving more than anything makes it impossible not to stall the damned thing.
My flywheel is stock. I have the ACT Xtreme clutch kit. Which is rated to 595 torque. With my big turbo my torque is a good bit lower than my HP. Mid 600whp should put me in mid to low 500 torque. So everything should be good with my current setup. Unless I snap an axle or something. But I don't drive like a kid or pissed off teenager, so I think I will be fine.

·
11,888 Posts
At 600hp I'd drive like a pissed off teenager everywhere I went.

341 - 357 of 357 Posts