ClubWRX Forum banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Picture time! So if anyone actually read the posts above about installing my carbon fiber front splitter, here are some pics that kind of show how I did this.

Untitled by Matthew Brumage, on Flickr

Here is the splitter fully installed, minus the support rods.

Here it is with the rods on and finally back on the car. It is indeed chassis mounts, however I didn't take pictures of how I accomplished this, if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I will help you out.

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #322

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Had my wheels and tires mounted and balanced on Friday. Put them on yesterday. They look great on the car. The STi goes to andrewtech tomorrow to have the coilovers installed and an alignment done. Pics will be coming soon.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,284 Posts
What are your impressions regarding the effectiveness of the splitter?

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
What are your impressions regarding the effectiveness of the splitter?
Well I can’t really say anything as far as performance/downforce as I have yet to take it to the track. And I refuse to treat public roads as a track.

I will say that my front end feels more planted and secure while cornering. But that may be due to the new suspension and tires. So who knows.

It is very aesthetically pleasing though!

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
That blue
She cleans up good for being 8 years old. Lol. Just wait, more to come. Had a guy reach out to me that does auto vlogs and photography. Had a photoshoot on Saturday. The photos above were just done with an iPhone. Actual professional photos and video are coming soon!

·
Æternum
20,658 Posts
Reactions: WRX-maniac

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Stay home Brumage.
Yeah I have been for the most part...… It sucks, especially when I have to work still. Being essential sucks.

Too be fair I was the only one at the lake at the time. Ultimate social distancing.

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Some pics from the photoshoot with the photographer.

There is also a video on youtube. If you are bored on quarantine and want to check it out. The channel is called JA's channel and you cant miss the video. I think the video is called something like "Matt's ATA fully built STi". Something along those lines.

·
BooSTIng
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
I am starting to stock pile parts to finish up my build..... well maybe finish it, at least the next step. Anyway, I will be ordering the KillerB Holy header in the next couple weeks and the old lady got me the cobb 4 bar map sensor. Hoping to order my injectors In the next month or so too.

·
Æternum
20,658 Posts
Before you order the Holy Header -- what Turbo do you plan on running the long term?

Be careful to match primary diameter with turbine.

321 - 340 of 346 Posts