·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·

·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 · (Edited)
Been a while since I have posted in here! Been a hectic last couple of months to say the least. Sold my house, still trying to sell the old ladies house, and we bought our dream house! The last few years I have paid a friend to store my STi in a garage for the winter. Working on jackstands on a piece of plywood in a gravel driveway. The new house has a beautiful 2 car garage that is heated and air conditioned. It's just everything I have ever wanted. I will try to get some pics up here soon.

But I have been busy, mainly organizing tools in the new tool box I bought, as well as cleaning and making things my own. Bought air impact tools and air tank. Just making it everything I have always wanted. It feels so nice having a climate controlled, clean, and solid area to not only park the car, but work on it too.

But the STi is still running great. Just put a tank of 93 pump gas in it to clean the ethanal out of the lines for winter. Plans over the winter is to put a bigger 4 inch ETS front mount intercooler core on and stiffer wastegate springs. Then will be heading down to the tuner in the spring to break into the 700's. Ill keep this updated with my progress throughout the winter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love the vibe! Nice garage, I hope mine has higher ceilings like yours, but mine has more garnish lol Thanks for sharing.
P.s parking your cars front end first is safer for smog inside your garage, especialy since your garage is attached to house. I know its nicer the other way though. I do know that a little co2 inside a house help with mood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
After being in talks with my shop and tuner, we have decided the route we are taking to break 700whp. Today I ordered the 4 inch ETS intercooler core. Only other thing I need to do is to have the shop put in stiffer wastegate springs so we can run a little more boost. Tuner said my car should break 725whp on ethanol at 36-38psi.

·
Super Moderator
11,779 Posts
So I fired up my favorite driving simulator, beamng.drive to give a go at a 725whp sti. Based off of my local Dyno guestimation about drive train loss I made a 850bhp sti.

Lol. I hope it is as humorous as that game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh yeah man it is getting way overbuilt. I did that on purpose. They are saying my new engine should easily hold 800+hp. I'm planning on 550/600whp when I go with the rotated gtx3576r turbo on e85. For normal driving it I am shooting for 450/500whp on pump 93. E85 will just be for fun/track days.
Cool set up. I have the same set up on my 08 WRX. I don't want to drive anything else!!

·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
So I fired up my favorite driving simulator, beamng.drive to give a go at a 725whp sti. Based off of my local Dyno guestimation about drive train loss I made a 850bhp sti.

Lol. I hope it is as humorous as that game.
Haha thats awesome. My question is, how long will my ACT xtreme clutch hold that power? Might as well pick up a dual clutch at tax time. Something tells me I am going to need it.

·
Super Moderator
11,779 Posts
It depends on how you drive.

Most of the people burning clutches down think normal driving = every day is race day.

I'd assume at full tilt not long.

·
BooSTIng
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
New intercooler came in last week. Thing is huge! I have it stowed away for now. I will be sure to post pics whenever the install happens.

421 - 440 of 446 Posts