Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Am looking for some feedback on these, which took over from the HKS Max IV GTs:-
Font Poster Auto part Automotive wheel system Logo

The reason for asking is that I'm seriously thinking about them for my WRX wagon. I need to replace the rear struts/shocks and would prefer to do all four corners at the same time, so am looking at various options including these. Although it's my daily driver, the cost of a decent strut/spring set-up is not that far away from an HKS set, plus I've found a dealer near me who supplies and fits them, so...

Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In that price range I'd opt for the kw variant 1.

Either way hks falls somewhere between bc shit-teir quality and decent quality. You can find better but they are better than the garbage. They fall somewhere around the feal 441s. Not the greatest, but ok.
Thanks XJ! Tbh, I'd never even heard of KW before but have just looked them up and the V1s seem to get some good reviews. There's also a dealer over here, not too far from me, so that would make life easier. Prices look to be about the same as HKS, so it's a contender for sure. Will do some more digging around. (y)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for the reply - much appreciated! My strut top hats have the familiar cracking, so the cost of replacing those (with Group N ones) would have to be added into the equation if they're required for the KWs. Interesting to hear about the US testing of the HKS ones, as one of the things I like about HKS is that they're Japanese and that's where both car and driver live! As my daily driver, I only need/want a slight drop in ride height but am really keen to get rid of the bouncy sofa feeling of the stock set-up!

Can I ask why you went for H&R?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! (y)

The HKS does look like a quality piece of kit but that's reflected in the price. I may therefore have to have a chat with that nearby HKS dealer to see what they can do for me! ;)

Will keep you posted with progress. Thanks again for the replies.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a good point though, and is one of the reasons why I'm thinking of buying local. I can get better deals online but the extra cost of shipping and extra hassle if something goes wrong are definitely factors worth considering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts