ClubWRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
The RSX was turbo'd? no wonder...

On another note, I imagine RSXs (and anything with 11:1+ compression ratio) are very difficult to turbo, considering that high compression would cause detonation with boost...

I have an embarrassing story:

Back in the day about 2-3 years ago:

Was stock except for an Hks melon shooter catback, a stock Ford Focus hung neck and neck with me from a roll :eek:

Not as embarrassing but still embarrassing nonetheless:

Was same as above in mods, but with a helix tmic, a Rsx-S with mods was on my arse the whole time and I couldn't pull away.

Now with my mods, I don't have a problem with them anymore :tongue:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The RSX was turbo'd? no wonder...

On another note, I imagine RSXs (and anything with 11:1+ compression ratio) are very difficult to turbo, considering that high compression would cause detonation with boost...
no, never said it was turbo'd, just said it has mods. I'm guessing i/h/e.

I know stock rsx-s' are faster than a stock bugeye wrx from a roll, but still embarrassing, at least to me

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
this whole thread is funny.. ya'll do realize that just because you have a wrx that doesn't mean its unbeatable. ... there's always someone faster. Always

love my wrx, its quicker than most and a boatload of fun.. but def not the fastest thing out there. :rotfl: to even assume so would be ignorant. :wiggles:

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
no, never said it was turbo'd, just said it has mods. I'm guessing i/h/e.

I know stock rsx-s' are faster than a stock bugeye wrx from a roll, but still embarrassing, at least to me
my bad, I read the part about the TMIC and assumed you were referring to the RSX. Naw, my buddy has a 2006 RSX-S w/ SRI and I ALWAYS take him from roll/launch whatever... with my Stage 1 wagon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the real reason you lost is beause "1.8T Never Lose"

lol in all seriousness, I beat even 2015 STI's easy. The 1.8T is a powerful engine when built properly

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
Well, the real reason you lost is beause "1.8T Never Lose"

lol in all seriousness, I beat even 2015 STI's easy. The 1.8T is a powerful engine when built properly
Did you join only to show us your stanced piece of trash and bump a 6 year old thread?

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Outside of vw fanboyism those are regarded as the vehicles that started the decline of Volkswagens quality.

Also in general terms of fast the 1.8t jettas were turds, when they ran.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
2,175 Posts
Come on guys, be nice.
He's obviously a closet WRX lover; checking out our forum and looking to trade up probably.
I like the roof of the house.............

·
For External Use Only
3,886 Posts
Poor guy probably doesn't know the view of a dash cluster without a CEL.

·
Banned
474 Posts
night photo's of earth from space show that they sold plenty of them.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
So many issues..

"Beat even 2015 STI's..."

"Beat"? Beat at what? Road course? Street handling? Quarter mile? Are you talking street racing? Other than that being ill-advised, you really never even know if the other guy is aware that he's "in a race".

str = "STI's easy"
str.replace( "easy", "easily" )

Can't pretty much any modern engine be a powerful engine, if built properly?
I dunno, I don't dislike the 1.8T engine, but every time I drove one in an Audi, Jetta, or New Beetles, I feel like I kept waiting for something to happen. Probably unfair; I was accustomed to driving a bugeye with a VF34 in it, at the time. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Definitely sounds like he had a Stage 2 tune, and downpipe if he blew flame. The 1.8t with tunes and basic engine upgrades are actually pretty affective. If it was a stage 2 he would probably be sitting at 235HP / 275LB-FT.
Also depends if he had a ko3 or ko3s or possibly a ko4 then the would be sitting at 350+HP.

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
This thread is 10 years old...

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
8 of those years the gti was in the shop.
BIG truth.

I'm sure both the WRX and the GTI have long since been wrapped around a tree.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think I lost to the 1.8 last night on Dreamland Drive. Took me by a couple of bus lengths.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
I think I lost to the 1.8 last night on Dreamland Drive. Took me by a couple of bus lengths.
I remember blowing the doors off a viper racing stop lights. He was fast, but I had the edge being the only one knowing he was racing.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts