bc coilovers

This is a discussion on bc coilovers within the Suspension & Wheels forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just bought an 07 wrx wagon and the previous owner has bc (i believe br model) coilovers installed, the ...

bc coilovers

i just bought an 07 wrx wagon and the previous owner has bc (i believe br model) coilovers installed, the ride is very harsh and i was wondering if anybody had any experience with this setup and could give me some tuning tips, i know that the bc coilovers arent the highest end or anything but ive heard that they are decent and id rather tune them than replace

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The adjustment is the knob on top of the unit. There is an arrow on top of the coilovers that shows the direction to turn ther knob to firm or soften the damping. You can go to BC Racing web site for more information on these. My son has these BC /BR coilovers on his 05 WRX and they have been very reliable and easy to adjust. He autocrosses the car and does very well within his class. The BC Racing coilovers get some flack on the web sites , but for the money they are an upgrade from most springs and strut set ups like Tokiko, Eibach etc. We had Mach5 springs and Tokiko struts on the 05 WRX before the coilovers and the coilovers are way better.

you can adjust the ride height higher with a spanner wrench so youll get more travel and a nicer ride then adjust the dampening on the top knob to feel nicer. theres a lot more to it then that with the rebound/rideheight/springrate/dampening adjustment so talk to BC customer service and they can most likely tell you where to set the dampening for the ride height adjustment so everything works together.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I have them and like them. THe ride height is adjustable as well as the pretension on the springs. Then it's a matter of dialing in the damping... You'll want to get the c-spanner wrench to make the spring adjustments. Mine rides somewhat harsh, but it sticks to the road like a wet rag...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    They're bottom-of-the-barrel coilovers. You can't and shouldn't expect much out of them. A quality spring/strut combo will 1.) Corner better 2.) Handle better 3.) Cost similar
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by reddiewrx View Post
    The adjustment is the knob on top of the unit. There is an arrow on top of the coilovers that shows the direction to turn ther knob to firm or soften the damping. You can go to BC Racing web site for more information on these. My son has these BC /BR coilovers on his 05 WRX and they have been very reliable and easy to adjust. He autocrosses the car and does very well within his class. The BC Racing coilovers get some flack on the web sites , but for the money they are an upgrade from most springs and strut set ups like Tokiko, Eibach etc. We had Mach5 springs and Tokiko struts on the 05 WRX before the coilovers and the coilovers are way better.
    I just don't believe that one bit...in what way are they better?

I mean I won't completely knock BCs, but they are very entry level and just won't last that long before needing a rebuild. There's better out there to spend your money on when it comes to coilovers. For $200 or so more you're in another level. BC's adjustability is very vague. It takes turning the dampers 5 or 6 clicks before you get any more stiffness or softness depending which way you go. But if you're happy out there, then by all means...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Since they're there and seem to be ok, I'd just go play with the adjustments. When they go bad it's time to think about rebuild vs. replacing and what with...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?