GM 3 port EBCS Hallman MBC hyrbid boost setup diagram

This is a discussion on GM 3 port EBCS Hallman MBC hyrbid boost setup diagram within the Tuning: Electronic Engine Management forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Being bored at work i decided to make a diagram for the hybrid boost control system i will be using ...

GM 3 port EBCS Hallman MBC hyrbid boost setup diagram

Being bored at work i decided to make a diagram for the hybrid boost control system i will be using on my car. Hallman MBC and the GM 3 port EBCS. I like making diagrams because it helps me understand things and so when i go to install its a quick reference sheet, hope this can help someone else out.

If you dont know what your doing or install this and do not tune for it you may be asking your mother for a ride to work..

I went with the GM 3 port instead of something like Grimmspeed because of the cost. Note that the input/output locations of the MBC and EBCS are NOT the same for every brand boost controller.

GM EBCS ports
    Port 1- Silver-goes into compressor housing/turbo/high pressure and T's off into input of MBC
    Port 2- Black- next to port 3- to wastegate actuator and T's to output of MBC
    Port 3- Black WITH filter-next to port 2, goes to intake/turbo inlet. This is the way i would suggest and am using. There other ways to route this like capping/leaving filter on to vent to atmosphere.

I turned down the MBC all the way and slowly did pulls, each time turning up the boost until i got around target.

Very helpful links i used
    WTF Tuning Part 2: The Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    new hybrid mbc/ebc method of boost control - NASIOC
    Full DIY: GM solenoid install (56k warning) - NASIOC
    Boost Control Tech > By Jeff PERRIN - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    Last edited by Ruh Roh; 05-20-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My tuner sold me their Mach V 3 Port EBCS unit. Much smaller then the Grimmspeed unit and really not noticable by anyone looking under the hood. A nice feature. I keep telling myself this is the last thing I'm going to do. Hasn't worked out that way yet.

Haha it will always be one more mod but yea I haven't heard of that one but the GS is just a common one. The GM unit that I have does the same thing as aftermarket brand ones but is like 40$ for the setup and you just have to splice two wires so that was an easy way to save money for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram