2011 WRX Hatch Fueling Issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Hatch Fueling Issues within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally took delivery of my 2011 WRX Limited about 2 weeks ago. Love the car! I'm having an issue ...

2011 WRX Hatch Fueling Issues

I finally took delivery of my 2011 WRX Limited about 2 weeks ago. Love the car! I'm having an issue when refueling. Each of the 3 times I've refueled using the auto set on the pump handle, gas has overflowed the filler neck and spilled down the side of the car. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No, but sometimes the fuel door makes a big click noise when I shut it. I've only refueled twice so far though.

I had an overfill once. It didn't happen automatically, but rather when I hit the pump one time after the auto-shut-off.
    2011 WRX 5-Door Premium
    Options - SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Exhaust
    Mods - Perrin 25mm FSB, Kartboy Front Endlinks, Cobb Shift Knob, Rally Armor Flaps, Seat bolster mod

Quote Originally Posted by cmcgee View Post
    Each of the 3 times I've refueled using the auto set on the pump handle, gas has overflowed the filler neck and spilled down the side of the car.
    I've refilled 3 or 4 times and this hasn't happened to me. Did you go to the same station each time?
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

It sounds like that particular pump didn't have the the auto-off safety feature on it. Was it an old station?
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I've already driven my car almost 3500 miles for 1.5 month and always use auto-off when I fill up but no incidence of over filling at all. Try another gas station.

Yeah its with the gas station, that happened to me not on my wrx but on my other car.
    Gas is gold, dont spill.

It hasn't happened to me, although I habitually do not rely on that stupid "feature" for that very reason.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    It hasn't happened to me, although I habitually do not rely on that stupid "feature" for that very reason.
    Same here,never use that feature myself.It seems like it may be a problem at the pump you are going too.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm actually in the same boat, this exact same thing is happening to me. I just recently took delivery of my 2011 wrx hatch and each time I've visited the fueling station (3 times) it has overflowed quite vigorously-at least enough to know it isn't right. It can't just be the filling station I was at either because I've gone to different ones each time. Any help would be appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xfiresoccer View Post
    I'm actually in the same boat, this exact same thing is happening to me. I just recently took delivery of my 2011 wrx hatch and each time I've visited the fueling station (3 times) it has overflowed quite vigorously-at least enough to know it isn't right. It can't just be the filling station I was at either because I've gone to different ones each time. Any help would be appreciated.
    Take it to the dealer and point out that this is a very serious emissions issue. Stating it is a safety issue will probably not get their attention, as you have already paid and they safely have the money. However, the state does, and should, take emissions very seriously and raw fuel spills are in fact an issue, so try that approach.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

How odd, I've filled up for the 3rd time today with no issues. I wonder if it's only isolated to a few models?

Thanks for the responses. I've filled up at 3 different stations so it's the car, not the pump. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same issue. Dealer visit #1!

Hope im not breaking any rules here but this thread was posted over on NASIOC. There are also some guys on there having similar issues. I have already gone to the dealer and they put in a ticket to SOA...

2011 WRX gas tank overflowing upon fill up - NASIOC

2011 Hatch WRX with 4 consecutive overflows. Most recent was with a subaru tech and I had him do everything after i swiped my card just to make sure it wasnt me doing it wrong. This was also the Sunoco that Subaru uses to fill all of their cars before they deliver them to customers.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.