ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone... I just got a wrx. I wanna make it a little faster than stock!. So far i bought a few gadgets for it... u know easy stuff like down pipe, headers, fmic, intake, pulleys, exhaust... I still have not installed them yet... But to cut the lil things... what can i do to make it fast. or get it around 12s on 1/4mile?
Please if u know let me know.

·
Registered
43 Posts
get a walbro fuel pump. fit everything else you got and then get it remapped.

should be pretty good will all that stuff you got there.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
Welcome to the club, what engine management will you be using?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks 4 everything.... I got an inline fuel pump. I still have not installed anything on it. I gotta do the smog first. But I still don't know what computer to use, or any of that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool... I was checking out the Cobb AccessPort computer programer. I noticed that there were some stages. Is this like a plug and play kinda thing or some one has to program it and dyno it?
Xcuse my ignorace!!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I got my STI with a CAI and CBE...so a custome map would be mandatory..If your rex is stock the AP gives a stage 1 map with no mods..plug and play. The AP has lots of maps, none of them are compatable with my CAI and stuff so it depends...

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
tepawrx said:
cool... I was checking out the Cobb AccessPort computer programer. I noticed that there were some stages. Is this like a plug and play kinda thing or some one has to program it and dyno it?
Xcuse my ignorace!!!
The AP uses off-the-shelf (OTS) maps. With each one, it comes with map notes, talking about the mods it supports. If you're using an OTS map, you're going to want to follow the notes. For stuff like headers, FMIC, etc. - you're going to want to take the car to a shop for a protune (they'll need some form of EM, so the AP wouldn't be a bad purchase). A Protune is always a good idea when you're happy with your performance mods, as it'll get the most out of them.

Don't forget to upgrade your brakes to control your new-found power ;)

tepawrx said:
what can i do to make it fast. or get it around 12s on 1/4mile?
To get into the 12s, I would think a turbo swap would be necessary - maybe I'm wrong, though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, after installing all those parts i was gonna get a turbo upgrade... I was looking at the Turbonetic GT-k 550, or maybe a garret gt62-1... but is there anything that someone may recomend?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
tepawrx said:
Yeah, after installing all those parts i was gonna get a turbo upgrade... I was looking at the Turbonetic GT-k 550, or maybe a garret gt62-1... but is there anything that someone may recomend?
What are your goals?

·
Registered
32 Posts
my goal is to get it to 12 seconds on the quarter... or at least enough to smoke a civic and a firebird.
shouldnt be a problem with those upgrades!

·
5,780 Posts
I got my STI with a CAI and CBE...so a custome map would be mandatory..If your rex is stock the AP gives a stage 1 map with no mods..plug and play. The AP has lots of maps, none of them are compatable with my CAI and stuff so it depends...
take the CAI intake off that is the way to make your car faster...

·
5,780 Posts
Yeah, but the damn firebird's got happy juice and the civic a K20! tough competition, don't you agree?

dont worry about that, You want to worry about your car lasting and holding value

you do not want to be left with a car you have put 30 thousand dollars into that is only worth 8 thousand.

get a TBE exhaust and a Cobb acessport, install them and run the OTS stageII map.

then get a FMIC, Injectors, a new turbo FP green or Vf 39, and a new fuel pump. maybe an oil catch can and have them all installed then get a protune. the Protune and all the new mods should be done on at the same time,

·
Registered
609 Posts
take the CAI intake off that is the way to make your car faster...
That would be the plan. I'm not interested in going faster (springs are gonna be the first mod), and I really like the sound of the CAI and I get lots of compliments on the sound.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts