ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i've had my car for 5 1/2 years. it's been stage 2 since 2008. never had any issues at all whatsoever.

i'm driving my car yesterday and low and behold CEL comes up and my cruise control started flashing.

i went into crazy woman panic mode. you'd think after being on this forum for a million years and reading about this stuff every day, i would've been a little more calm

anyway, i go back to my boyfriends house because he has an obdII scanner [i didnt have my accessport with me] and his scanner will not connect to my car. it kept giving me an error message. wonderful.

so we go get my accessport that's been collecting dust in my closet since 2008... and it immediately tells me i need to update my firmware when i plug it in. okay, fine. so i do the update and plug it back in. now i'm getting another error message saying my AP cannot connect and it's an issue with the actual cable. FML.

i unplugged everything and started over again- problem was the firmware didnt update properly the first time. whatever. :shakehead:

finally, i can figure out what the heck is wrong with my car. it was a silly p0442 code aka: tighten your gas cap. makes sense.. i just got gas 2 days ago. so i did that & cleared the code. no other issues right now.

i talked to matthew [ej257] and he said i may need to replace the rubber o ring or purge valve but i will cross that bridge when i need to. big thanks to mattypants for talking me through some troubleshoot steps! :wiggles:

just wanted to vent about my stressful sunday. i was ready to take abbigale to the dealership and trade her in for something else. woops!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Lol. Glad it wasn't something else!!!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
You observed, diagnosed, and fixed. You talked to Mattypants. Job well done. :)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Glad you got it fixed and the world didn't end.

In other news: POGS!!!!! zomg!!1!!1!!11!!1

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad you got it fixed and the world didn't end.
me too! i needed a few drinks afterwards but in the end all is well. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Mattypants helps me keep my cool sometimes too

It's a possibility you'll need to replace your gas cap but it is more likely that you or the gas attendent didn't tighten it properly

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought you hated drinking.It took a CEL for you to start? :rotfl:
:rotfl: no no, i never hated drinking- i just didnt go out and drink that often.

Mattypants helps me keep my cool sometimes too

It's a possibility you'll need to replace your gas cap but it is more likely that you or the gas attendent didn't tighten it properly
by gas attendant, you mean me. we dont have those here in FL :/

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
:rotfl: no no, i never hated drinking- i just didnt go out and drink that often.

by gas attendant, you mean me. we dont have those here in FL :/
You can see that I stated YOU or the gas attendant as I have little *****es who does it for me, you flawdins do not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts