ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday, just before the deluge, we went to 2nd creek. It was fun... and I can't believe I let her drive my car. To be honest, she did very well. I educated her well by saying "listen to Jeff". So while she wasn't great with shifting and going onto the throttle, her line was great. Since she watched Jeff do the farm house turn... well... I'm pretty sure she did it better than me. :eek:

Anywho.... Heather and my car...

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take this opportunity to say I also let Jeff drive my car. Now, I have run a 1:23 timed. I know I've done better than that, maybe... 1:21 absolute best, but with a watch I can only claim 1:23.... that run had a couple mistakes. Anyway, this is me attempting to salvage some pride. I will say that I have not timed myself in the car with stage 4, only stage 2. So.. more pride salvaging.

Jeff ran 1:22.5 in on his 3rd lap in my car. He's a damn good driver in case you guys didn't know.

Anyways, moving on... on the way home I did a little rice safari. I was bored, since I was hardly moving. Please note the body kit not only doesn't match the car, but it doesn't match the rest of the body kit...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Heather is a beautiful for the "pride" catch, Zem. Perhaps you are a lion, and not a bear :)

Those are some great pics! That vette is sexy!

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
svc said:
Nice pics, but you're a fool for letting intern Heather drive your car. :eek:
What's she going to do, install LED washer nozzles?

I find it interesting that no one has commented on Jeff driving a corvette around the course...

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
legacymax said:
OK zem, Who is driving jeff's car?:confused: ?
In the first pic, Jeff. But he knows the guy in the corvette, so later he let him drive. I was back in the pit area thinking "oh, it's not his car, he'll be gentle and no fun"...then I heard the tires squealing. :D

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ScRaPpY said:
why do you get thrown off for going head to head? sry if thats a noob question but i have never been tho
No one wants to wreck, and he doesn't want to deal with it either. I assume he was letting them go again after a firm talking-to.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I don't know when the ending is. Last I heard, we can run there next summer too. I may be wrong.

That was the most fun I've had there ever. What a blast. Chasing steve around in his vette, 2nd picture, is quite fun, because we turn very similar lap times, about 1:26. Steve is still learning and is pretty conservative, which is great. He'll be hard to keep up with once he has more experience and some tires. For now, he leaves me on the two straights and then I reel him in on the twisties. Very exciting. I usually don't follow too close for obvious reasons, I was never closer than in that pic (slowest corner).

Thanks to Steve for trusting me in the Vette, he didn't even ride with me. I really need a rear driver now. Steering with your right foot is so awesome after driving my car. I was pushing a little, The tires are noisy because they are the crappy stock run-flats.

Also thanks to Mark for letting me drive his whip. Fun car, feels a good bit heftier than mine, but it sure does roll out of the corners when it's spooled up. It's 4 seconds a lap faster than mine. I now need some boost too. The springs and rear sway bar are a great start. We both run the azenis, so the corner speed isn't too different. Sorry I had turn a better time in a car that I'm not familiar with.

For all interested, Next SCR day for me will probably be in late september. Let's do it again!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Looks like you guys & gal had a fun time. I would love to hit SCR another time before the winter shoes go on. Keep me in the loop and I try to make it out there with you guys.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts