ClubWRX Forum banner

301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
I like this! my 06 radio system is archaic and I think has 2 speakers out. I would love to add this in.

was it hard to install? I wonder if I can convince my parents to buy it. (likely not I'm sure lol)
Who lets the kids in here? (P.S Tide pods are not edible)

On a side note, I hope the DVD and other functions that are distracting are disabled. this looks more dangerous then a tinted Windshield!! lol (partial joke, but its a fact)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Who lets the kids in here? (P.S Tide pods are not edible)

On a side note, I hope the DVD and other functions that are distracting are disabled. this looks more dangerous then a tinted Windshield!! lol (partial joke, but its a fact)
Very funny Kenziel. While I respect your right to bring humor into the situation through ageism, I heartily disagree with it. Please do not refer to me as a kid, for I am over 18 years of age and doing so is ignorant.

That being said, if I bought this I wouldn't have a problem with the dvd or other functions working while driving. I still sometimes text while I drive (I know..bad) and haven't had an issue.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Hmmm...so many places to go with this...

Kenziel was being a little snarky, but we do kid each other, around here. With all due respect, I'm over the 50 mark, so if your bragging right is that you're "over 18", you're a kid to me, as well. :wiggles:
Kenziel's a kid to me too, though..he confessed his age to me in a PM a while back, I think.

Please don't text and drive. I'm sure you think you're a pro at it, but it's going to be really bad when things go wrong, and you hurt someone. :sadwave:

Anyway, don't take things personally; they're generally not meant that way. :)

</soapbox></oldguy>

Reactions: why2kmax

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm...so many places to go with this...

Kenziel was being a little snarky, but we do kid each other, around here. With all due respect, I'm over the 50 mark, so if your bragging right is that you're "over 18", you're a kid to me, as well. :wiggles:
Kenziel's a kid to me too, though..he confessed his age to me in a PM a while back, I think.

Please don't text and drive. I'm sure you think you're a pro at it, but it's going to be really bad when things go wrong, and you hurt someone. :sadwave:

Anyway, don't take things personally; they're generally not meant that way. :)

</soapbox></oldguy>
Lol, I dont remember confessing my love........ ohhhh, AGE. yeah I'm a young buck :)

·
Æternum
20,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Does the factory USB port in the center console still work without any additional adapters or options?
Full disclosure: no. Had to buy a $7 adapter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
20,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Is there a point in updating this thread? IDK.

New knob and reverse lockout from BilletWorkz. Looks nice.

·
Æternum
20,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Been a long time since I've updated this thread. I still have the STI, now fully 6 years in my possession and fully paid off as of 2019. The car has just shy of 52,000 miles. It has cost me absolutely nothing aside from regular fluid changes, tires, and brake pads. Oh, and lots and lots of gasoline (it is an STI after all).

Brake pads - installed StopTech sport pads earlier this year. I got 50,000 miles out of the OEM pads which was probably 15,000 more miles than I should have (they were VERY worn).

I still have lots of parts from my Bugeye lying around that I'm not sure I'll ever install: EBCS, injectors, TGV Deletes, ELH. The VA STi is just very very good from the factory. I might install the EBCS at some point in the near future, not sure yet.

Lately I've been spending time on the SI Drive mapping. I run a slightly tweaked Cobb map on the STI and I always thought the "Boost Select" function of the Stage 1 map is just silly. What occasion do I ever have in running a 7 PSI boost map? It's silly on an OEM turbo with such low boost levels. I completely understand the logic for cars running 30, 40, 50 PSI of boost where it severely affects the driveability. I kept the same RT map as Cobb for the S# mode, but removed the "Boost Select" functionality and smoothed out the Sport and Intelligent throttle maps for a bit less urgent response.

Sport #

Sport

Intelligent

Maybe I'll do the 3-port install and document the results here at some point.

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
3d charts hurt my head.

I really wish I had the patience to sit and really learn the accesstuner software and do tweaks on stuff. Sadly my head is a little to dense to fully grasp it

·
Æternum
20,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Yeah, I don't want to post the Tables out of respect for Cobb's IP -- the S# map is unchanged from Cobb's

·
Premium Member
10,819 Posts
I don't blame you. I'd be more concerned about a lo-bro flat bill getting hold of it and doing stupid shit, like removing his governor because he is hitting 155 on vir then blaming you when he kills it or gets hurt

·
Æternum
20,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Eh, I'm not too concerned about liability. I've freely posted my own (and stock) tables in other threads.

Shit, here's my Sport throttle mapping.

301 - 313 of 313 Posts