ClubWRX Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Late posting since the Forums were down much of last week.

STI had its 30k mile maintenance done by my local dealership. Really it was just fluids since I do tire rotation and filters myself.

Oil, rear diff, trans fluid, and Brake fluid replaced.

Changed out my tires today and found a nail in my winters. Ouch. The nail was uncomfortably close to the sidewall, but the tech was able to patch it. We'll see if it holds. Car has 30,580 miles at the time of writing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
How many miles did u get out of the Dunlops?
I had 26400 on the OEM dunlops before I swapped them out for A/S last week. They still have about 5/32 tread left. Rotated at every oil change (5000 miles)

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
I had 26400 on the OEM dunlops before I swapped them out for A/S last week. They still have about 5/32 tread left. Rotated at every oil change (5000 miles)
OK? Congrats. I had a puncture which forced the change.

I'm sorry to hear about the change to all seasons.

·
Registered
371 Posts
OK? Congrats. I had a puncture which forced the change.

I'm sorry to hear about the change to all seasons.

sorry for your confusion. I was replying to rqjoe's post asking how many miles you got out of the OEM dunlops. I was just offering him another data point.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
I suppose that it's time for an update.

Just replaced my battery since the OEM battery took a dump recently. 3.5 years out of the OEM battery -- that's pretty miserable. Worst luck I've had yet with batteries. Oh well.

On a more exciting note, I replaced the dog**** OEM head unit with a Seicane Android head unit. This thing is totally awesome. 9" screen, OEM fitment, high quality. I'm very impressed, particularly for the price. It replaces the entire plastic surround and gives the car a more premium look IMO.

I've also acquired a Cobb AccessPort that I've not yet installed. Back to collecting parts, I suppose. I'm waiting until the warranty expires, but it looks like I'll have the car paid off sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Love that stereo. I've been searching actively to find one for my truck. Do they have different fits?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #292

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
Nice looking stereo. What options did you get with it? Do all of your stock features steering wheel controls, backup camera, etc., all work?
Backup camera is handled by the multifunction display on the 2015.

Yes, steering wheel controls work and can be custom mapped.

·
Premium Member
10,557 Posts
Backup camera is handled by the multifunction display on the 2015.

Yes, steering wheel controls work and can be custom mapped.
Does it opperate smoother than some of the low end Kenwood and pioneer units? Those things offer huge bang for the buck with features.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #298
Does it opperate smoother than some of the low end Kenwood and pioneer units? Those things offer huge bang for the buck with features.

No experience with those head units.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like this! my 06 radio system is archaic and I think has 2 speakers out. I would love to add this in.

was it hard to install? I wonder if I can convince my parents to buy it. (likely not I'm sure lol)

281 - 300 of 313 Posts