ClubWRX Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Replaced engine air filter at 21k miles. I've been monitoring for a while and it finally got too dirty for my tastes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Replaced the cabin air filter today... yucky!!!

Also, finally got around to installing the OEM footwell illumination I bought last year.

How the heck are both of your filters so dirty at 21k? I have put 30k on my Saabaru since changing and both are still near pristene white.
Replaced engine air filter at 21k miles. I've been monitoring for a while and it finally got too dirty for my tastes.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Maryland is durrrrdy

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
So I've heard. But how is durtiur than Michigan?
Pollen.

We get massive pollen blooms. Everything just gets covered in green powder in March-May.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Pollen.

We get massive pollen blooms. Everything just gets covered in green powder in March-May.

Mmmm....tree sperm.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Installed winter tires today

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #269
So planning for the 2017 Season, the draft rulebook is out: http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/018/540/2017_Solo_Rules_draft_c_reduced_2016-12-12.pdf?1481583769.

I'll be installing new tires this year since my OEM Dunlops are looking pretty worn. Given the rulebook allowances, I'll probably go with a 265/35/R18 tire 200TW. My heart likes Dunlop ZII SS, but my wallet likes the Hankook RS3s. It's also time for a new alignment. The OEM alignment on an STI is just woeful -- front camber allowances are dialed in within -0.5 degrees. No wonder these things tend to push in the corners from the factory.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Three years ago today, I took delivery of my STI:

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
I don't update this thread much because I don't modify my car.

However, I just bought new tires for the STI. I thought was going to get one last season out of my OEM Dunlops, but the driver's rear tire developed a nasty leak and it's time to replace all four.

I bought Michelin PSS in 255/40/18 -- which is 1.2% larger diameter but tolerable. They aren't the best performance tire, but they are great when you consider the 300 UTQG rating. Since my STI is also my daily driver, I needed some reasonable lifetime out of the tires. The PSS won't compete with RE71R, ZIISS, or RS3v2s on the AutoCross course, but they should be better than my OEM Sportmaxx tires.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
How many miles did u get out of the Dunlops?
Probably about 20,000 miles -- pretty average for that tire.

28,000 miles on the car now, but around 8,000 are on my winter Dunlops.

I could have probably gotten another 5000 miles out of the tires if the puncture hadn't happened.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #278
I was contemplating that same tire and size when the time comes. Is the fit noticeably different with the wheel edges? I get picky with that stuff.
I would love to get a high-level opinion after you get some miles on them. At your leisure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let you know when I have them installed later this week.

·
Æternum
20,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #279 (Edited)
I just realized that this thread has 279 replies. That's a whole lotta nothing!

The MPSSs fit gloriously. The alignment came back really good as well. I'll upload the alignment sheet someday.

Presently enjoying this incredible place

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
B:eek3::eek3:BS

261 - 280 of 313 Posts