ClubWRX Forum banner

181 - 200 of 549 Posts

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Yep, Mikie you're right on. Although both my tuner and Blouch believe that the 18G in my car is capable of approx. 330-340whp (it flows 39 lbs/min as opposed to the TD06 18G that flows 40 lbs/min). In fact, the PO of the turbo was making 320 whp on the very same turbo. I just need to track down my problem.

After I fix the car, my next performance upgrade will likely be this:
Buell 1200 Performance Kits

·
Pro Manscaper
14,901 Posts
First time since I've ever known you that you've said I was right :rotfl:

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
You're always right in my book!

·
Pro Manscaper
14,901 Posts
This just turned to a whole lot of win :rotfl:

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Duh.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my tuner and Blouch believe that the 18G in my car is capable of approx. 330-340whp
Given this ^^^ any plans for a tranny upgrade? I'm not putting out anywhere near that kind of power and I'm already fearing for gears 1-3.

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Given this ^^^ any plans for a tranny upgrade? I'm not putting out anywhere near that kind of power and I'm already fearing for gears 1-3.
Nah, I'm kind to my transmission. Besides, it's torque that kills transmissions not horsepower. And frankly put, the 2.0L puts out no torque ;). I do also have the -BA uprated transmission, not that it makes too much of a difference.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do also have the -BA uprated transmission, not that it makes too much of a difference.
Nice. I'm trying to be kind to my transmission but I reeeeally wanna try out the launch control. However that's a $6000 bet I'm not willing to make :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice. I'm trying to be kind to my transmission but I reeeeally wanna try out the launch control. However that's a $6000 bet I'm not willing to make :)
Actually ive gone through three tranny's and its only cost me 5200 lol so it will be a lot less then 6000. And are you serious zax you wait til im in kuwait and out of the forum for almost a year to create a build thread smh. Good build bro i didnt know you had this much work done.

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
I guess this thread deserves an update...

Ordered an AEM UEGO yesterday. I'll be getting a bung put into my downpipe when I get a chance and will also likely be putting a bung for the EGT sensor into my header. Proper road tuning is where it's at...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

·
and the Funky Bunch
3,226 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4,041 Posts
Isn't the conventional knowledge that it is more important to worry about when he is excited he might blow out the insides of his "uppipe?"
BAZINGA!! :rotfl:

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Finished my compression test today:

Cyl 1: 155 PSI
Cyl 2: 159 PSI
Cyl 3: 152 PSI
Cyl 4: 157 PSI

Very good for a 10 year old modified car with 100K miles on it!

Cyl 2:

So the engine is VERY healthy... that's a good sign.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Æternum
15,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
i just read this thread from page 1 and this has me stoked for my future plans. very inspiring build
Pretty easy to DIY, huh? Thanks for the kind words! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
"pretty easy" for you who seems to know his way around a car. i work with drugs and people, legally speaking and have little to no experience in working on cars, especially my own. i've put almost 20k miles on my wrx since i bought it used last november and i'm still learning things as i go along. as far as modding goes i hope to build a good relationship with a local tuner and start strengthening my car from the ground up

181 - 200 of 549 Posts