Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
That's pretty normal for cabin filters. It looks to be a charcoal filter and that would explain the color.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,596 Posts
You can replace with any filter that fits, including another carbon or HEPA, and you can even add a dryer sheet so that the entire interior smells like fresh linen if you wish.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty normal for cabin filters. It looks to be a charcoal filter and that would explain the color.
this was my air intake filter... a K&N. It took 3 washes and a scub with a toothbrush but I think it's good to go. Should have shared the after pic. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
this was my air intake filter... a K&N. It took 3 washes and a scub with a toothbrush but I think it's good to go. Should have shared the after pic. Lol.
Go buy a paper filter.

·
19,596 Posts
Agreed. I'd buy a $20 paper filter from any competent manufacturer before I'd use a K&N or any wet "high flow" filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go buy a paper filter.
Agreed. I'd buy a $20 paper filter from any competent manufacturer before I'd use a K&N or any wet "high flow" filter.
Why is this? Do you get more air through paper filter? It came on the car.

·
19,596 Posts
Why is this? Do you get more air through paper filter? It came on the car.
The point of a filter is to filter dirt. The air is adequate either way -- it's the dirt I'd worry about.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The scrub with the toothbrush has seriously compromised the filter. It has most likely disturbed the even weave of the fabric that determines the max particle size that can pass through. K&N recomends using cleaning agent and smoothly flowing water to clean the elements. You should replace it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts