ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i know there are a lot of threads on questions about the accessport..and through out all these threads are little reviews on it. So how about we post all ur reviews here!:)

Just say
year/model
Stage your running
What boost u are getting (would be really nice to compare!)
And good/bad things about the accesport

Start the posting!!!!!

-tom

ps, ill post when i get my ap:(

·
Registered
441 Posts
Stage 2 (TXS Uppipe, TBE, RFL-TI)
K&N Hiflow
Worx Tuning Dual BOV

Well, I've had the flash installed for about a week now and all I can say is wow. To be honest its like driving a new car. The boost spools up so fast, and holds oh so perfectly to red line. It comes highly recommended, and I like the piece of mind its tuned with caution and my car's well being in mind.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
VF34 reflash (VF34, STi injectors, PDE downpipe, Helix Uppipe, Cobb catback)
Between 16.5 and 17.0 psi
AP rocks.

More lag than stock TD04 with Stage 2, of course, but it hits like a hammer once it spools. Also, it's nice to have pull in 4th gear.
:)

For a daily driver on a budget, I HIGHLY recommend Stage 2 reflash.

·
Banned
96 Posts
To see how much of a differance stage 2 map really is ,I have had my AP since feb or begining of march so I'm pretty used to the increase in performance ,so the other day I decided to mess around with AP and go back to the stock map and Holy S**T!!!

The rex felt like a slug .so I quickly ran back to the stage 2 hwg map.I love the AP.A real top notch product ,well worth the money

hey ...you guys try that valet map,That thing almost gave me whiplash:eek:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Jack said:

Just say
year/model
Stage your running
What boost u are getting (would be really nice to compare!)
And good/bad things about the accesport

2004 Sedan
Stage II (Invidia TBE)
In between 14 and 15 psi (@ 5800ft)
So far, it's been nothing but good for me :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Year/Model
'03 Wagon

Map you are running Stage 2 91 Octane

What boost are you getting (would be really nice to compare!) between 16.5 and 17psi on a cool day. I'm near sea level.

Good/bad things about the accesport
Good
Easy to install and use
Considered safe and reliable by anyone but SOA
Supposedly undetectable by Subaru Dealer
Will be expandable once tuners start making new maps
IMO the best option for people that just want to improve power and make a few fairly simple mods (exhaust).

Bad
For those that want to tune and tweak till the motor bearings cry, too bad.
Would like to be able to read OBD-II sensor data.
The worst thing about the AP is it did not come with any fairy dust. I wanna fly dammit!

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
First day with AccessPORT – 29 mile drive.

2004 WRX sedan - K & N air filter only engine mod.
Base map - Stage 1, 93 octane v1.17. No real time map loaded yet.

Boost - .85 bar (pre-AP I saw no more than .9) Hopefully more to come …

Good – EASY install. Took 12+ minutes total (the manual says 7-10).

Thrust out the wazoo from 5000 – 7000 rpm. Very nice.

Bad – The three month wait, finally over.

Looking forward to the ECU learning how to cope with its new attitude!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Model: 2003 wrx
Map: stage 2 93 oct
Conditions: 200ft above sea level, 100% humidity, 90-100+ degrees

Review: Not as much of an improvement as I expected. throttle response is improved a little, a tad more low-end.... I dunno hopefully it is just the hot weather that is sucking the power away.

Other Comments: haven't really been paying attention to boost besides the first time I loaded the map I tested the max boost in 1st gear because of so many stories and mine was close to 12 psi.

I just hope this thing is worth it in the end because my wallet has taken a hit.

Update: I have noticed some increase in power, but I checked boost levels and I am only hitting around 14.5ish psi.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2002 Sedan
Stage 2 93 Oct: Txs Turbo Back , USDM STi Uppipe

Conditions: 78 Deg F,79% Humidity,~600 feet above sea level
Boost: After driving for 1st time after reflash with in 15 minutes i was seeing 15 psi and an occasional bounce to 16.
Good: Easy, car seems much stronger, butt dyno reads improvements.
Bad: Nerve racking during 1st reflash after reading if the battery is not strong enough it will mess up the ecu.

EDIT: After several long drives i was still seeing only 15 psi most of the time. Today I tried out the HWG stg 2 map and now holding 16 psi everytime.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
2004 sedan

Got it/installed it today and have only put probably 25 miles so far on my trip to work. That was in mostly slow traffic, too. Had a few chances to open it up a bit more. Not noticing a dramatic difference yet, for sure.

Installation was pretty easy except for contorting myself to reach those clips down by the pedals :mad:. Flashed fine to the Stg 1 93 octane map.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself to think there's more power already. Everyone says it needs to learn and then I'll start hitting the target boost and noticing the extra HP. Gonna jump on the highway on the way home for a bit (even though it's out of my way) and see if I notice gains there.

Will post a review once it's had a chance to learn. Hopefully sooner than later :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
O2WRX
Stage2 93Oct
Around 16psi
The Good- Very smooth now(Had a MBC before the AP).Nice power to the redline.

The Bad-:confused: The bad?
What bad?:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
For those that have had theirs for a while, sheck the Cobb site for updates to the maps. I updated Stage 2 91 Oct from 1.08 to the current 1.19 and I swear it's got more grunt and feels more consistent. And tonight while I driving, I was getting on the freeway and hit second gear and said.. WHOA! It's never pulled THAT hard.. It was a happy kind of WHOA! :D

·
Registered
223 Posts
2003 Sedan
Stage 2 (TBE, UP)

Holy crap the AP is awesome! I've had it for 2 days there's a tremendous difference from stock. Before I was reaching about .075 Mpa and it did not hold very well (it would peak at .09 and then rebound and hold around .075). Now I reach boost faster and it holds right around .1 MPa. I'm at 5280 ft. above sea level too. I can't imagine what it would pull like at lower altitude. I didn't have to wait for Cobb either since my local dealer had them in stock. I did pay ~$60 more because of taxes but who cares! Why are you still reading this? Go order one if your own.

Evan

·
Registered
713 Posts
vf34 MAP running

vf34, sti pinks, walbro fuel pump
hks uppipe, helix downpipe, blitz exhaust
greddy FMIC,Apexi AVC-R

AP pulls 17psi but i use my EBC at the track to get my optimal PSI Cuz of elevation.

I LOVE MY ACCESS PORT NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE

·
Registered
446 Posts
ordered on 6-15 and received ~7-30…

after unpacking and reading the instructions I was having problems flashing basemap….but after searching the forums I found I had to tear apart the passenger side sill and connect the mysterious green connectors there…after connecting the green sill connectors everything was successful…..you can read what I found hear>>> http://www.wrxforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000517

so after flashing Stock base map/realtime map and trying the “shiv thing” the car felt normal….boost was 0.08mPa stock gauge and 12 psi….then I switched realtime to stage II 91…and the car felt great (for only 10 minutes of driving) like everyone says the car feels “smooth”….”pulls a lot harder ALL the way to redline”….bacically the way the car should feel….after switching to stg II the boost started at 13.8 psi and after 10 minutes of driving went up to 14.3 psi with NO boost spikes at all and no audible pinging ….

overall im happy so far with the product (haven’t given it much time yet)….i had a Joe P MBC on the car for about a year…and the difference to me between the MBC and AP is the AP spools alittle faster and pulls harder all the way to redline where the MBC hits hard in the low/midrange and the power tapers off closer to redline…

as of right now my ECU is flashed to stock and the AP will sit on the shelf untill my A-pillar pod comes in (SOB is 4 weeks back ordered) and I can install a wideband A/F and EGT gauge to make sure things aren’t screwy…

·
Registered
22 Posts
04 Wagon
stage 1 91 as a base, 93 as a realtime

0.098 mpa (really closed to 0,1) after 200 miles

Good:Very easy to use, instant noticible power increase (throttle response is improved much ) on stock car, feel safe to use.

Bad:Made me too nervious during initialization. It took mime over 13min. I was scared to death if my battery would get low voltage and mess up the ECU. I really hated that 13min. Also, it makes me to want to go to stage 2 sooner and spend money.

Overall, :D

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Re: Re: Your reviews on ACCESSPORT

etsl90 said:
Bad:Made me too nervious during initialization. It took mime over 13min. I was scared to death if my battery would get low voltage and mess up the ECU. I really hated that 13min.
I got nervous during the initialization download, too. Once it's initialized, though, downloads only take about a minute.

·
Registered
638 Posts
2004 Sedan
Stage 2 93 oct
16.3 psi in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 16.1 psi in 5th :)
Nothing but good to say about it, car feels great. Installation was a snap and noticed immediate improvements.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts