ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am going to be buying a new 2012 wrx within the next few weeks, they have an ice silver hatchback at the dealer now, and they can have a white one here in about a month. I am stuck with the decision of, should i wait for the white or just buy the silver. I have to wait till july 2 at the earliest either way i go. White is my first choice between the two, but i also really like the silver. I know the decision is ultimately up to me, but i would just like some opinions on what you would do. (i hate choosing between things haha).

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Do you have a quarter handy?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
i went with white, thinking that "its the rarest color" (told by the salesman) and that i liked white, but i have yet to see a wrx that isnt white or DGM. So i say silver, i guess.

Do you have a quarter handy?
quarter? theres a coinflipping app lol

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
well, here's the thing - is an extra month with a car that I imagine you will have for a few years at least worth the difference in color for you? There's no right answer, just look at the question that way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I could've gotten silver in my gti then wrx. Stick with your first choice... I'd personally wait it out put the deposit down on white. Very glad I waited for my color preference with both "sitiations" It is a big decision and you can't take it back. Unless there is a crazy financing special right now I say be patient. Btw I'm partial to the SWP, very glad I got it but I must say the wrb snd even red looks pretty sick on hatches. Both colors have really grown on me seeing them in person.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
+1 on the red I saw today, geezer didn't wave =(
My first choice in color, but nearly impossible to find used here.
Go with your first choice man, color didn't seem like it was going to be a big deal for me, but every once in a while when I see a red wrx....

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just picked up my 2012 hatch in silver Saturday. I read that the silver has to be seen in person to be appreciated. Now that I have the car I couldn't be happier with the color.

White is nice too though: -)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both cars are the same price, and the way i look at it, i like both colors, and seeing rsuttons on here, i think i am sold on silver, will be phone tomorrow to make the deposit on it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hope it's still available for you, I already had my car ordered and everything, but noticed the dealer had one come in earlier that day and I called to take a test drive. Sure enough, it was sold in less than 2 hours from when it hit the lot...

·
Registered
169 Posts
If you'd asked me before I got my car, I would have said wait, but now I think you should go for it.
You don't know for sure that it will only be a month.
When I see other cars out on the road, I think they all look good. I do like the silver -- agree that it looks better in person than in the pictures.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stick out for your first choice. It is tempting to go for the silver because it is ready sooner and you are all excited, but just think how exciting your it will be with your true desire for white! (said with a little bias <--SWP FTW) lol

So i am going to be buying a new 2012 wrx within the next few weeks, they have an ice silver hatchback at the dealer now, and they can have a white one here in about a month. I am stuck with the decision of, should i wait for the white or just buy the silver. I have to wait till july 2 at the earliest either way i go. White is my first choice between the two, but i also really like the silver. I know the decision is ultimately up to me, but i would just like some opinions on what you would do. (i hate choosing between things haha).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The guy from the dealer phoned today and said the white isnt available, so i put a deposit on silver! only 10 days till i can get it... now i wait

·
Registered
371 Posts
oh cool!

Well helps to have a back up plan!

Also 10 days to get, then 1 really painful month of driving until you can really drive it! LOL

I myself, am at the 500 mile mark, 500 to go!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It was a toss up for me between the white & silver mainly due to the fact that I live out in the middle of the desert. We usually have winds out here around 30-40 mph daily and there is some funky ass red colored dust that gets on everything, so I wanted a color that reflects as much heat and won't show dirt. Don't listen to those on here that drive DGM's..we all really know they don't have a clue:eek:. Here's a link to my silver hatch you can check out. Grats on your new car btw and welcome to the forums :thumbup: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member-show-off-photography/134355162-1st-pics-pics-my-new-wrx.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea im glad i had a back up plan, and yes the first 1000 miles (a little over 1600 kms in my case) is going to be painful. I heard tho that you should do one or two pulls to red line in second to make sure the rings set good or something like that. This true?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was a toss up for me between the white & silver mainly due to the fact that I live out in the middle of the desert. We usually have winds out here around 30-40 mph daily and there is some funky ass red colored dust that gets on everything, so I wanted a color that reflects as much heat and won't show dirt. Don't listen to those on here that drive DGM's..we all really know they don't have a clue:eek:. Here's a link to my silver hatch you can check out. Grats on your new car btw and welcome to the forums :thumbup: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member-show-off-photography/134355162-1st-pics-pics-my-new-wrx.html
car looks real sharp man, espesially with the tint, cant wait!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts