ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm cruising at night with a friend and i stop at a light next to a silver VW. looked like a golf to me so i looked at the driver and he revved. being a retarded teen that i am, i took him on. light goes green and i launch at 5.5k rpm (dropped the clutch :( ) tires squeal a little and catch. we are dead even for about a second, then he took off. i attempt to shift into second but i got this grinding sound from the tranny (synchros, i assume? and yes, i am sure i had the clutch pushed all the way in also, could it have soemthing to do with me having a short shifter?) and he proceeded to waste me. turned out it was this gt32 or something like that.. awd nice v6 but kinda embarassing really... hoped i could take a VW :D

p.s.
before making fun of me for my shifting, please understand that this is my second week of driving stick. ever. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
At no point in your rambling, insane race story did you come close to anything even resembling an interesting story. Everyone in the forum is dumber for reading that...you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

·
Registered
253 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:
At no point in your rambling, insane race story did you come close to anything even resembling an interesting story. Everyone in the forum is dumber for reading that...you are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
hahah +1

·
Registered
0 Posts
RussianProdigy said:
p.s.
before making fun of me for my shifting, please understand that this is my second week of driving stick. ever. :rolleyes:
And your transmission hates you for it :)

VW Golf R32 maybe? A formidable car, especially when you don't know how to drive yet.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

Racenut3.0 said:
And your transmission hates you for it :)

VW Golf R32 maybe? A formidable car, especially when you don't know how to drive yet.
any car is a formidable opponent to someone who doesnt know how to get into 2nd gear :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

StoplightWarrior said:
lol, it's right behind first!! Just pull back on the shifter!! It's not hard!! :D

ohh yea..... thanks :D

sigh... i expected as much in response, but hey, i promise that i will make more sense from now on haha

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: yikes... new VW?

RussianProdigy said:
ohh yea..... thanks :D

sigh... i expected as much in response, but hey, i promise that i will make more sense from now on haha
i was just messing with you...quoting a line from Billy Madison...in case you havent seen that movie...

but keep practicing, manual trannies take a long time to master but once you get it down you'll love it!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I understand where he is comming from... The first day I got my WRX, I was out trying to take out every car in sight.... Even though I had driven stick for 2 days.

I got owned by pretty much everything in sight though, since I couldn not roll off the line without bogging, and had to make a conscious effort to concentrate on giving gas and engaging the clutch at the same time..

Taking off while on an incline was an absolute nightmare!! I would even beat a light on top of a hill, just so that I did not have to embarass myself when it went green again!

Those were the days:eek:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Lol.. It's the oposite here.. Stick is normal auto is not normal unless on the big expensive cars..

I try to cluch with every auto i drive ;) (well, the first times anyway)

·
Registered
99 Posts
RussianProdigy,
Please learn to drive that AWD tranny effectively. You can't drop the clutch on a WRX without damaging it...also warrenty won't cover that damage!

Slip the clutch. It's better and cheaper to burn out and replace a clutch than to replace the transmission.

I usually reve to about 3K while letting the clutch out. As it grabs, start giving more gas. Once it's fully out, to the floor with the gas.

Also be careful on the shifts to 2nd & 3rd.

With patients and practice and you'll be able to open a big can O whoop a$$ on most cars.

"DON'T DROP THE CLUTCH" should be stuck in your mind...and maybe on your dash.

·
Registered
897 Posts
0-60mph -- 5.8seconds
1/4 mile -- 14.1 @ 99.2mph

AWD, 240hp(underrated) 236lbstq but 3300lbs.

i have seen stock r32's run high 13's btw.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts