ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a xpt map stage 2 adm and just wondering (im waiting for my tactrix cabl to arrive with adapter 02 wrx)

i wanna open the map in rom raider ecuflash alows me to open the map i had to put the xml file (definition in the correct direcotry) but it wont open with rom raider it sais "ecu definition not found" even though i put it in there
and this map is tuned for 93 octane in australia we dont have that i run 98 will this matter?

and i think it will be too ard for me to create my own map :/
thanls

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Hmmm...unfortunately I can't provide too much help, as I'm learning Open Source myself for flashing...

You will be ok running 98 on a map for 93, but you won't see benefits of higher octane. If I were you, I'd contact a tuner for a protune, whether there's a shop near you in Australia you can use or if you contact an E-tuner that can email you tunes and logs back and forth until you have a good map.

If you don't know how to tune...then I'd leave creating a map to the pros ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really can if i wanted to do my own map just too lazy lol but thanks for the answer the map is created exatclty to the mods i have on my car so it should work out another qeustion if something goes wrong can i back up my orgianl map (the one already on the car) before putting a diffrent map on? i already got a stock 2002 wrx adm map but i prefer the orgianl

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Yes. The Open Source tools will download the stock map (I had read that before) which you can flash back if you ever had the need.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Did you load the ECU Definitions in Romraider (not just store the .xml file in the proper directory)?

As for the octane question, you paid for support by purchasing the map from XPT. Contact them and see what they say.

ECUFlash allows you to both read and write. Before writing the XPT tune on the car, read the .hex file that's stored, and save it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you load the ECU Definitions in Romraider (not just store the .xml file in the proper directory)?

As for the octane question, you paid for support by purchasing the map from XPT. Contact them and see what they say.

ECUFlash allows you to both read and write. Before writing the XPT tune on the car, read the .hex file that's stored, and save it somewhere safe.
thanks guys yes i did contact them for a coupl of days ago now and no reply and also yes i did load it through rom raider through the manager but still didnt work and will do thanks :)

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sxcrxy said:
thanks guys yes i did contact them for a coupl of days ago now and no reply and also yes i did load it through rom raider through the manager but still didnt work and will do thanks :)
What O/S is on your machine?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sxcrxy said:
windows 7 64 bit
Does it accept basic RR definitions / stock ROM or is it an issue with Romraider loading defs/map in general?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts