Subaru WRX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
I Drink & I Know Things
1,936 Posts
War wagon is home and running beautifully.

Turn in Concepts did great work. TGV deletes in and the leaking stock units gone, bad turbo inlet gone for a new perrin unit, bad coil found and replaced, and an OTS tune to take care of the codes, and the new exhaust. Everything is right in the world. I had completely forgotten how well it ran when its in good shape.

You Cinci guys not going to TiC are blowing it. Great people and they didn't mind me loafing around the lobby all day. The IAG deletes look beautiful. The machine work on them is top notch, I do that type of work and can tell you the pain it is to get those shapes correct. Highly recommended.
Glad to hear you're happy again. Let me ask you this...being in Detroit metro...should I drive to P&L in Chicago or venture to TiC? If I can make up my mind on what I want to do that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,593 Posts
IAG is where I go to get tuned and work done on my cars. They are a great group of guys too. And their machine work is top notch. Last time I was there with the wrx I got to hold and look at a black pair of their TGV deletes and you are right, they are beautiful. They will be the same ones going on my STi. Great choice! And glad to hear that the wagon is up and running great again. I bet you are relieved.

·
Village Idiot
2,450 Posts
Has anyone performed an egr delete on A GR wrx? I can't find anything about it
Pretty positive that EJ255 and 257 don't have an EGR system. Are you thinking on the Secondary Air Injection Pumps?

·
Not a mod
13,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
What can you guys tell me about fancy wheel lugs. I needs something narrower than the factory size because a standard 19mm socket barely doesn't fit my winter wheels and I had to find one super thin walled.

Someone mentioned splined lugs, that worth it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Not a mod
13,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Thanks man. I'm super worried I'm gonna crack the only socket I have left. I broke the other one breaking them loose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Not a mod
13,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I have a surge at idle with the AC on. It started this weekend after changing the air filter and oil. I double checked and I don't see any vacuum lines I dislodged. Could I not have the filter housing closed properly. The issue doesn't happen when the AC is off. Idle is smooth otherwise.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
20,095 Posts
The filter housing is horrific and it is not uncommon for it to not be closed properly, or even for a tab to be broken off (at least I hope it's not since I've managed both).

On the "engine" side of the housing make sure the nose tabs are all the way "in" toward the engine and that the filter itself is entirely contained within the cover of the housing. Also check the MAF harness since you've fiddled in that area.

·
Not a mod
13,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Just to update, everything was sealed on the air box. I cleaned the maf sensor and still had the issue. I checked all the pre turbo connections and they were all sealed. Still had the issue. I unplugged the maf and started the car and got the correct code, plugged it back in and the problem solved itself.

So if you find this in the future on a search, try to unplug your maf, start the car, shut it off, plug the maf back in and see where that takes you. Be sure to hold the wire in place so it doesn't fall down as well.

·
Not a mod
13,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
So I've been feeling like my car needed a little more torque. So I decided that an engine swap was in order, but the engine I wanted wouldn't fit to the transmission, and there wouldn't be much room to stuff it in. Once i figured out the engine and transmission i figured the diffs and axles wouldn't support the torque. I found some Dana 60s that would take the power but the suspension wasn't up to snuff for solid axles so I made some changes. With all of that decided I found the chassis wouldn't support the parts at all.

So after much work and calculation I managed to do a full 2500 Ram swap.

I found a one owner 2012 that needed a tailgate and rear tail light for 17k needless to say I snagged it up dealer had a full service record on it which I found out on trucks is a rarity. It's not flawless, but it's nice to have a pickup. I've already hauled multiple loads of my dad's garbage in the garage to the dump. I can almost fit the cars in there again.

Now I just need something that can hoist this thing in the air. I think a trip to the lumber yard for some ramps is in order when it warms up.

If anyone is interested it sitting on a lot for a solid 5k more than it's worth. It needs a clutch job and the 105k mile service.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 110 Posts