Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day, as I was headed off to go mountain biking, I rolled up next to a BMW X5 at a light. I was driving my dads manual 1995 Four Contour, an nice 4 cylinder Ford car. The BMW X5 started reving its engine at me and I laughed and revved back. The light turned green and we both punched it. I took about a half car length lead off the launch and ended up losing by about 2 car lengths. This shows that the contour does not match up to the X5 :) . After we raced I looked over and saw it was my friend driving the X5 and we were both laughing. The X5 was techtronic automatic and as i said my contour was a four cylinder manual transmission. You have to admit it was a funny race, but I'm angry I lost, because my friend cant drive for S*** :mad: . Sorry this had nothing to do with WRXs but I thought I should share this experience

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is kinda funny, but don't feel too bad.

The X5 is a pretty strong SUV (sorry, SAV) especially with the 4.4L V8. A V8 X5 will smoke a lot of cars out there, especially a front wheel drive Contour. If you see an X5 out there with 4.6is written on the back, then you really better watch out, it'll do 0-60 in under 6 seconds even with its massive 20 inch wheels!

By the way, it's Steptronic not Techtronic (just being nitpicky). Tell your friend it doesn't mean anything if he beat your 4-cyl 140hp Contour in a 282hp 4 wheel drive V8!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it does really matter but I still should have beat him, he cant drive for s*** he does even have his license ;) I dont feel bad, its just funny hehe

·
Registered
5 Posts
My mom has an X5 4.4i and its is fast, I smoke alot of cars when I race people its so funny.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It might have been different if the coutour was SVT. But yeah, X5 v8 is nothing to laugh at. That is almost the M class for their suvs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts