Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Atlanta, I think EVERY last WRX I have seen has raced me one way or the other. The first race was kinda cool. I was behind a blue one at a red light. The light turned green and the WRX took off, I punched it too! I could not get ahead and was behind about 1 car lenght but we had to stop at the next red light. I looked over and waved (I had 1 passenger too) and it was a LADY!!!1:p She waved back and we went our seperate ways...

The REAL RACE was later that night. I pulled up to ANOTHER blue WRX at a red light. I knew it was on cause the guy started rolling his car, so I did too, we are UNDER the light, and we TOOK OFF at about 5 mph....Well we were DEAD EVEN but he shifted and I WAS GONE!!! I was ahead a solid length/2 lengths before we came to the next light. :cool: I looked over to wave but this
d!ckhead REFUSED to look over so that is why he got his butt whooped....

BTW I love the WRX, great ride!

·
895 Posts
awesome job man, cool to see some lexus ppl on the board. what have u done to your car? i dont know much about the gs400, but how fast is it stock compared to the wrx?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
You finally got that race you wanted! Cool.

Just so you know, I would've smoked ya. :D Just kidding.

It's a shame the dude was a punk and didn't look over. His mistake was racing from a roll. He obviously didn't know how to make the rex pull a <2.0s 60'. Maybe it was an automatic (blah!).
I guess we'll never know.

haha. Not even a super subie can save a bad driver from 1SICKLEX. :p

-Jim

·
895 Posts
one lexus i am worried about is the is300. that thing, with a few mods, would HAUL. now that the manual version is out, the aftermarket is gonna explode real soon. stock they don't run too fast, but i've seen some w/ turbos and SC's that (from what i heard) run in the 12's

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
NAH,

Not even worth worrying about. If we beat them stock for stock, then mod for mod shouldn't be an issue. If you consider $ for $, then which car comes out on top?

It was funny, when I got my Rex, a friend of a friend got an IS300. He said to my friend, "Is the WRX as fast as my IS300?" He was like, "Dude, he would kill you in race."

BTW, we've got a whole thread devoted to the WRX vs. IS300. Check it out.

-Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well your WRX's would give the IS it's butt in a straight line and in the twisties it would be a great race. Have to wait for the Supercharged IS 300 (305 hp on tap) for a true WRX vs IS race...

The one race vs a M5 (in Florida topped out to 150 mph) the M5 handed me my A$$, he was going like 170, I could not read his plates......Beat a 540 6-speed (dude could not shift) and have had some wonderful races with auto 540s....

GS 400 rated at 300hp and 310 lbs torque, fastes 0-60 recorded 5.7 sec. I have Borla exhaust, upgraded cross-drilled brakes, L-tuned ECU, STB, and other minor things.....

I once tried to catch up with a yellow WRX but I could not catch up for $hit, that dude was going in and out of lanes like nothing.

Spoken with (another blue one) WRX owner at a light,he had the gold STI rims, cool dude.

Me and my ClubLexus buds will be at the track in Comerce, GA February 23rd to do 1/4 mile times etc....your welcome to join!:cool:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
Well your WRX's would give the IS it's butt in a straight line and in the twisties it would be a great race. Have to wait for the Supercharged IS 300 (305 hp on tap) for a true WRX vs IS race...

The one race vs a M5 (in Florida topped out to 150 mph) the M5 handed me my A$$, he was going like 170, I could not read his plates......Beat a 540 6-speed (dude could not shift) and have had some wonderful races with auto 540s....

GS 400 rated at 300hp and 310 lbs torque, fastes 0-60 recorded 5.7 sec. I have Borla exhaust, upgraded cross-drilled brakes, L-tuned ECU, STB, and other minor things.....

I once tried to catch up with a yellow WRX but I could not catch up for $hit, that dude was going in and out of lanes like nothing.

Spoken with (another blue one) WRX owner at a light,he had the gold STI rims, cool dude.

Me and my ClubLexus buds will be at the track in Comerce, GA February 23rd to do 1/4 mile times etc....your welcome to join!:cool:

Do u visit www.is300.net ?? this guy seems to think he bought his IS300 for its 'luxury' or something... :) seemed a lil funny to me. He would fit in well in my old fav home www.roadfly.com

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=13294479&forum=1

-Mike
[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well to the IS 300s defense, everybody from Acura type-s to WRX to Buicks to Altimas etc all wanna race it CAUSE THEY KNOW it is not the fastest sedan. And they can brag to all their friends that they beat a "Lexus":rolleyes: That is what Big Brother GS 400 is for. Considering it sold 31k cars first year and it is not as fast as the competition (where it seems quick 0-60 is the only factor in being a car) the IS 300 must be A-Okay......

Some people are big headed about the IS 300 being a "Lexus" as some people are with the WRX being a speed demon.

·
895 Posts
i just happen to like the IS300 because it looks really cool. the interior is tight, and the new manual version looks even better

·
Registered
20 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
Well to the IS 300s defense, everybody from Acura type-s to WRX to Buicks to Altimas etc all wanna race it CAUSE THEY KNOW it is not the fastest sedan. And they can brag to all their friends that they beat a "Lexus":rolleyes: That is what Big Brother GS 400 is for. Considering it sold 31k cars first year and it is not as fast as the competition (where it seems quick 0-60 is the only factor in being a car) the IS 300 must be A-Okay......

Some people are big headed about the IS 300 being a "Lexus" as some people are with the WRX being a speed demon.
Hey Sicklex, you sound awefully nice here at the WRX forum, I wish you had taken the same tone with us when you were bashing the WRX in the RSX forum...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah I know, IS300 is not all that fast. With the new manual version it might be faster, but still not fast enough. Most of people bought it for luxury. Like a lot of BMW 323-325 owners.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
I don't recall bashing the WRX anywhere. If I did post the link please.:confused: :confused:
Club RSX. You weren't exactly "bashing", but your tone wasn't exactly "friendly"

I don't really care, but I hope your attitude here is a little bit different here. I was discussing with another gentleman about a race that took place between a GS400 and a GS 430, and we did have good runs against a GS400 but not a GS 430. You seemed to not liked that idea very much.

·
Registered
404 Posts
IS300 are definately not a match for a WRX with a good driver. I watched a WRX run 14.6 and dystroy an IS300 in the process. The IS300 was running mid 15s.

The GS400 is a great car. Very close in speed to a stock WRX in the 1/4 mile beyond the 1/4 mile its all GS400. Once they get going they can really move.

I suprised one the other day. He was left wondering what happened. I was 5-7 cars out on him by 70mph. Thankyou Mark at TurboXS.

:)

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
even in the twisties, an IS would be no match. i'm surprised you said that sicklex, becasue how could it possibly compater to AWD!?

dR

1 - 18 of 18 Posts