Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have one. I like it. I installed it and felt some more pull past 5k with the resonator and all that garbage out of the way.

Much more economical than a CAI. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks that is just what i wanted to hear...i will post once i receive mine and get it installed

·
Registered
416 Posts
To those with the WRXfx intake...

what is the point of taking off the "ram air" scoop in the engine bay? woudln't that just put more air into the fenderwell? can someone give me a good reason to leave it out? thanks :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel it is a little over priced for what it is. I have the intake and am really happy w/ it. it is a good clean way of removing the resonator. It is cheap compared to a normal CAI, for which there is no need for. the air pulled in gets heated by the turbo anyway hence the need for the intercooler. your money would be better spent on a IC rather then a CAI. my two cents....if you want the noise w/o cutting buy the wrxfx intake otherwise leave it stock.

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are no pictures, because there's really nothing to see! The velocity stack is in the fenderwell. If you read that thread then you probably saw the pics of the parts out of the car... that's all there is to it.

Erik

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I thought of an idea but I don't know if it will work or it might just make the intake noise and not get the horsepower intended.

I thought about putting the wrxfx intake at the bottom of the intake silencer tube. That way it is closer to the bottom of the fender, and maybe closer to the stream of air from the bottom of the fender. Also, when the car gets brought in for service, and the intake is opened and the air filter is moved out of the way, the hose clamp and rubber tubing will not be seen by the technician. And the stock snorkel will be in place on the engine. You can always find a way to plug the snorkel. As you can all tell, I am very scared about voiding warranties, since I paid so much money for the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty.

I do know that having the velocity stack closer to the MAF will gain more horsepower, by causing less turbulent air,but it just a thought that crossed my mind. And I am wondering what you all think about this.

My WRXfx intake should be coming in the mail pretty soon.
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
I finally got my WRXfx intake today and the ITG filter today . The car seems to idle a lot better, probably do to more air getting drawn into the intake tract. And there isn't noticeable sucking noise like a CAI at idle.

The car also feels like it pulls a lot harder between 4k and 5k, but I feel a slight stumble when shifting from 1st to 2nd at 3k to 4k. But I really love the sound of the turbo spooling up and the factory blow off valve actuating. I have to turn down the radio so I can hear it. But the car isn't loud enough for me yet. Gotta get my turbo back exhaust.

The installation was VERY easy and had no problems in any area installing it. But make sure to take the passenger wheel is taken off, it makes things a lot easier. And there is really no need to take the entire air box out. Just take the top off and move it to the side.

I think it is well worth the money and it still looks stock to the apperance. I would reccomend it to anyone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a similar unit that I've been enjoying for a few months now. It does add more pull above 4K and a little from 2500.
I use it with K&N panel filter. I don't know if the price is worth it though. I can see $40-50 for the filter but the volocity stack...
I bought mine for $12 at a local store. 3" aluminum. I can also get them in plastic for less $$. So the final word is it works but is way overpriced.
:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had the wrxfx intake for a few months.
IMO, it is a completely worthless waste of $$.
Buy an ITG filter and do the silencer mod for the exact same effect.
There is no performance improvement over just the silencer mod.

The velocity stack is just a big metal bagel, and the amount that it protrudes into the airbox actually cuts off airflow to a section of the filter.

For those still interested, you can get both the velocity stack and the silicon coupler for much cheaper, straight out of Summit Racing and make your own.

·
Registered
109 Posts
summit

do you have any part numbers from summit? i searched their site and couldn't find what you are mentioning. i'm sure i'm just not looking in the right spot. thanks.

sg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts