Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does WRX exactly mean

·
Registered
185 Posts
World Rally eXperiment

maybe? That's what I have always thought. Feel free to correct me.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
W orld
R ally
X to denote The AWD.

·
Peachypumpkincheeks
8,621 Posts
Its always going to be debated, but apparently some people have contacted subaru and X doesn't mean anything.

From Nasioc:
What does WRX stand for? WR stands for "World Rally", and "X" stands for the mathematical symbol for the unknown, that means its possibility is infinite. Many people also have other ideas what the "X" stands for, but this information comes from FHI/STi and was further confirmed by SOA.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
so i was right.....:rolleyes::p

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I've also heard all of these at some point. A lot of them people say that it comes strait from Subaru but in reality no one probably will ever know. Another really good theory that I heard before the wrx even came here was they wanted to name if impreza wrc but obviously wasn't able to so they threw the x in there. That once was also "confirmed" by Subaru back then. I just think pick your favorite and stick with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ive always thought it was world rally cross, but the "X" could very well stand for the AWD, just like it does on a BMW

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Xmas=Christmas thus WRX=World Rally Christ.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Xmas=Christmas thus WRX=World Rally Christ.
:rotfl:
I've always thought it was World Rally Cross (the X symbolizing cross. Just like Xing = Crossing) But maybe they were going after the religious motorsport enthusiast crowd.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i loled at the comments on this thread

1 - 13 of 13 Posts