ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s a pretty long story on my Subaru for the 1,300 miles I put on it, but any input would be greatly appreciated I’m just waiting on my shop appointment at this point. So here we go.. I just bought a 06 wrx wagon with 90,000 on it and it needed to get a new clutch so we worked that into the deal when I bought it, before I got it replaced the car ran great, there was no smells, leaks, or anything. when i got it replaced everything seemed all good at first the gears went super smooth, (it was changed by a mechanic that works at a dealership but I paid him on the side) but it leaked when I took it home, he did over fill it by .3 so I didn’t think much of it, so I went to go detail my car in the morning and when I got there I noticed my car was smoking a little and there was a smell but I just thought it was the trans fluid, it was raining and my hood seals are bad so I brushed it off thinking it was water but I still asked my mechanic about it and he drained out a little and checked it out again and he noticed my axles were about shot and he thought that’s what was causing the smoke and smell, that they were spraying grease, so that’s what I went with, it seemed like the leaking stopped, but after about 800mi with the new clutch when I was on my way home from work all of a sudden I can’t shift into 2nd, or 3rd, 4th, 5th and when I go to check my trans fluid, I have none. So I guess the leak was still there and I just couldnt tell, but there’s no grinding or anything it just doesn’t go in any gear besides 1st and I have no idea what’s going on because I’m not a mechanic or even really car inclined I’m just starting, but if anyone has any input

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
If you ran out of gear oil you could have smoked the synchros and damaged the gears. It could also be loose linkages, a clutch that isn't fully engaging and disengaging. From the sound of it you were just pumping fluid out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts