Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the weight distribution of the wrx over the front wheels and rear wheels? Im guessing its 60% weight over the front and 40% over rear? Anyone have the exact amount. you can read it on the inside sticker of your door when you open it at the driver side. What are the benefits of the weight distribution compared to other cars?

·
980 Posts
i dont have it with me, but go to your local barnes and noble, borders, etc and pickup the newest copy of Grassroots Motorsports. they have an issue comparing RWD,FWD,and AWD and the AWD is the WRX. the others are the 330i and RSX-S. good weight + traction comparisons.

-c

·
Registered
174 Posts
Here is the data from the May 2001 edition of Road & Track.

Curb weight: 3130 lbs
Test weight: 3310 lbs

Weight distribution (%): 61/39

I would be surprised if there distibution measurement was taken with the driver in the vehicle.

Although the distribution is 60/40 front rear I can certainly sense that the "pivot point" or "center" of the vehicle is at the very back of the center console (note: I don't have the armrest extension; don't know if that changes anything).

-Shadow

·
2,210 Posts
Hmmm....

Last thing I read quoted something much closer to a perfect 50/50. I think it was something like 58/42. I will try to confirm, but when you take into account the AWD system and the associated weight at the rear and center of the vehicle, it should be much more balanced than you might otherwise think. It certainly feels better than 60/40.

-Pace

·
980 Posts
ok here are the weights posted in the newest Grassroots Motorsports:

WRX
left right
919 920 front
614 612 rear
1533 1532 total
3065lbs

enjoy. good magazine btw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts