Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade the rear swaybar of my WRX Wagon. Any size recommendation and vendor link? No plans to change springs and struts yet. TQ

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your suspension is stock just go get the stock sedan bar (20mm). I fit mine on and it significantly changes the feel of the car in turns. That along with stickier tires makes it handle like a completely different car.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
GOD doesn't the wagon have a new LSD called the VTS or something? Either way, it's more "advanced" than the manual one isn't it? As for another way to eliminate understeer...rally style(Japan road racers do it too) handle brake drifts(blipping the hand brake and using throttle to control tightness of turn). Just a thought...

·
1,911 Posts
No, WRX does not have a front LSD of any kind. Ask some guys with major power and they'll tell you they spin one front tire when drag racing. I ALWAYS plow ahead when applying too much power coming out of a corner. I have to be almost straight to minimize this and on some corners that is impossible or slows me down too much. The STI does have a front LSD of some kind. Our center and rear are viscious type which I guess is good enough for now. I'm just getting a front LSD upgrade.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
How much with the front LSD cost? Who makes a good one for the WRX? Oh yeah, the VTS(which I know nothing about) is for auto only.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another wagoneer with sway bar issues:
is there any great benefit in doing both front and rear sway bars? or should I just go with rear and a strut tower stiffener up front.
thanks, jazzbo

·
Registered
554 Posts
What is an LSD. A drug of the 70s? Or a locking differential?

G

·
I second Gerlando's recommendation. You can pick up used 20mm bars from the sedan guys for about $40-50. install is breeze and a huge difference. great mod for the money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts