Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a couple of searches and I just want to confirm with someone who has installed one. From what I think I have read, the rear strut tower bar is the same for the wagon and the sedan on the WRX. Is this right?

And for anyone who has installed one on their WRX wagon, was it worth the money? Is it a noticable improvement?

Thanks,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
God,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate the feedback guys, however I was actually asking about the strut tower brace, not the sway bar. But thanks again for replying.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I got the rear strut tower brace for xmas. It is from Whiteline and they do offer a different one for the wagon vs. the sedan. The wagon tower mounts are slightly different shaped than the sedan. I was told that was to allow the cosmetic tower cap to be reinstalled after the brace is in place.

The installation was simple and only took about 20 minutes including finding the right sockets, etc.

It might be all in my head, but I think the car (wagon) feels much tighter now and I haven't even installed the sway bar yet (doing that tomorrow). I took the car down a couple of familiar rural roads that I have driven hard many times and the car feels more solid and more planted than before. Like I said, it's probably all in my head though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R2G (sorry for the Star Wars esque abbreviation)
No problem as I am a Star Wars geek from long ago. However, I prefer R2GU :D

I can actually remember seeing the original Star Wars in the theater. I bet not many people on this forum can...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.