Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was daydreaming the other day about how to differentiate my 03 WRX from all the other silver cars out there and the idea came across my mind of giving it a center stripe or stripes. My initial knee jerk response is to go with a pair black of stripes right down the center of the hood, going the length of the car, like some of the old muscle cars.

I was curious as to if anyone has any pictures of a Rex with a scheme anything like this (any color, any number of stripes)....or if anyone would like of photoshop a silver rex with old school twin stripes. So far, all I've found is the one silver wagon with the purple-multi-color paint, which didn't work too well for me (although I think it is cool).

Curious if I am unique creative or just plain have bad taste :)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Chweck the STi forum, there is a guy with a WRB STi and he has a white racing stripe, it looks surprisingly good. I wouldn't suggest it on an 03 model though (i can't imagine a bugeyed rex with a racing stripe) some call it rice, it depends though....

·
Banned
968 Posts
If you owned a 1969 Camaro then yes.

WRX .. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help --- I found that WRB with the twin white stripes. Using that to magine my unwinged WRX w/bug-eyes, I have a feeling it'll end up feeling like a giant Cooper....oh well, back to the drawing board.....

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Joe_Newbie said:
Yeah, Shotgun I see why --

I have half a mind to turn this into a "weirdest WRX you've ever seen" thread" :)
Of course I have seen everything else here striped!!!

Yee, Haw!!!:D

Shot

·
Registered
360 Posts
The dealership I bought my car from actually had a light yellow car with a black stripe down the middle, and pos custom rims. Needless to say I just walked right past that one. btw it was brand new too not a used one.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
ugh, a stripe down the middle, I think you are looking for the wrong car, the ford dealership is ----> that way :) Honestly I think it would look horible, if you want your car to be different get some new wheels, maybe some new headlights, or mod the exhaust or something.

·
Registered
40 Posts
as much as i would hate to say this, i think it would be fine to have racing stripes, if your car could back it up

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hay i cant find him no where i would like to see a picture of his car i have a blue sti with hail dammage. After i repalce and fix everything im gona paint it all over and am curious if it will look good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
looks sweet

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you want original, I think it would be bad ass, getting a Black rex, and putting like paint splashes on it (White splashes) I think that would lookm pretty good, Or with silver base, use black splashes. Get a 35% Window tink to show the black, and some powder coated Black rims. I think that would be original as ****, and would look awesome. I've always likes that look...Meh =p

·
Registered
670 Posts
The old ESX bugeye WRX had stripes, but they can pull it off because they run in the 9's. Heres an old pic I had:

·
Registered
571 Posts
ok thanks yall

1 - 20 of 22 Posts