ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a WRX with full exhaust, boost controller, and intake last night. He is a good driver and this was my first race from a stop since the new tranny and clutch. My car was misfiring off the line for some reason.

He had me by about 1-1.5 cars off the line. I pulled even in 2nd and ran away from him in 3rd. I probably had him by 5-6 cars or more at 105 mph.

For some reason if my car hasn't been running 10 minutes prior to a race it runs like crap. Seems like it has a misfire off the line in 1st gear, and kind of chokes up top.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
DTR rex said:
this is a sad truth.... hence why I am awaiting the day I can afford a car that I would really have to tamper with very much. (M5 or something)
and then you start to mod that too....:D

good luck with your setup, when/if you get it tuned (or if you have) and taken it to the track, post some times please

·
Registered
664 Posts
hah, racing only 10 minutes of running... sounds pretty bad. misfiring? sounds like trouble with that much boost. Id take it easy with that much psi until she warms up

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
bluerex47 said:
and then you start to mod that too....:D

ehhhh, i have owned 3 different modded cars, and am getting kinda tired of it... just like stoplight said, you have to sacrifice practicallity and other stuff when modding.

I think if I was driving an M5, E55 benz, RS6 audi, porsche 911 turbo, etc....

I dont think I would have to mod it. and probably wouldnt... I MAY DO WHEELS to the above cars, and possibly an exhaust system on the M5, but other than that, i would be completely SATISFIED!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Definitely. I'd love to hook up a 911 Turbo one of these days...and just get the "reliable" mods: springs, suspension bits, exhaust, etc.

Upgrading big stuff on cars like that (turbos, etc.) is just asking for felony speeding tickets or worse...

I don't need a car that can trap at 125mph.

(but I kind of want one haha)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Integra96 said:
Definitely. I'd love to hook up a 911 Turbo one of these days...and just get the "reliable" mods: springs, suspension bits, exhaust, etc.

Upgrading big stuff on cars like that (turbos, etc.) is just asking for felony speeding tickets or worse...

I don't need a car that can trap at 125mph.

(but I kind of want one haha)
Tru, nobody needs a car that can trap that fast, but it sure is nice to have!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MidnightFLAT4 said:
hah, racing only 10 minutes of running... sounds pretty bad. misfiring? sounds like trouble with that much boost. Id take it easy with that much psi until she warms up
I have the boost turned down to 1 bar right now. Its starts to misfire before it hits full boost. I don't know what the problem is, but I am just going to let it warm up before I race it each time now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts