Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I took my car out, I was alone and just felt like a cruise. Anyway, I usually never provoke a street race, but this time I did, as it was always a dream for me to run a bike, and not just any old bike, a Suzuki Hyabusa (spelling?)
I'm sure you guys know what this beast is, if you dont, I think it is a 1300cc 4 cylinder and is the fastest road bike it the world, quarter mile in 11 flat and a top speed of 320+km/h (approx 200mph)
Anyway, I saw him on the freeway, and came next to him and tried to gee him up by reving my engine and all that. Anyway, he popped his wheel up and held it for a while (must know how to drive) then I knew it was on.
To cut an already long story short, he was absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY stunned when he realized that we were neck and neck, with me eventually pulling on him once I hit 6000rpm and up (about 2 car lengths) at about 240km/h. After that he would blow me because of gearing. He was a really nice guy as we pulled over and talked for ages. He begged me to take him for a ride, and when he stepped out after the ride, he said "wanna swap".
I was a happy man that night :D :D :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hayabusa is fast, but not quick, and now if run into a GSX1000R, fireblade, or an R1, and it MIGHT be a different story.
I have TL1000R, and it destorys my WRX within a second. you must have a sick-fast car. ( knowing that TLR is nothing compare with busa, don't even mention gixers.)
next time you see a gixer (suzuki), run them, and bring us the joy of WRX beating a 9 second bike. ( no sarcasm) :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did , that is why I said gixer will be a better match for him. a 9 second bike with a not so good rider (like me) equals he wins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
wow, 10 second street Subaru. I didn't know something like that existed. :eek:
GSX1000R has like 140hp right? I can't imagine the power to weight ratio on that thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RSXSucks said:
Great kill!! I think the only bike I could beat is a Schwinn and even then... ?
I saw a beach cruser, had the banana seat (adds 15 HP) and the airplane hangar bars (another 15HP). Not sure how much HP the tassles add but maybe you could run him in your RSX-S and find out. :D :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am pretty sure that the Kawasaki ZX-11R is the quickest production bike made. Car & Driver had the 10 quickest vehicles or something like that about a year ago and the ZX-11R was raced by a pro but with no bar in the back and he was able to run I think a 9.5 and he shifted half way through 1st. Also, has anyone seen the video a supra with 70 shot race a turbo Hayabusa at a 70mph roll? Now this is a fast car!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
....wow
who else double checked to make sure it was 220 miles per hour and not kilimeters per hour? that was a nice break from my french composition :)
o-|-<) bryan

·
Registered
228 Posts
I thought the Hayabusa was the quickest myself. Ive seen some at the tracks running low 9s all night long.

Gixxer 1000s are fast as well.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That video was freakin' awesome! My adrenaline was pumping just watching it! The white centerline was zipping by like crazy. The fastest I've ever had my bike was 150mph, that was plenty fast for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
actually , gixer 1000 is the quickiset(accel) ,but busa is the fastest (top end). yes it says 220 MPH, and busa is the king of motorcycle, as far as zx12R ( not 11, 11 sucked ), fast but not as well performed as busa.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you look closely, he pegs the speedometer at 10,250 rpms and continues to accelerate up to 12,000 rpms so he was actually going faster than 220 mph indicated. There is a lot of error in speedometers at those speeds, the only sure way to know how fast he was going is a radar gun.

·
1,377 Posts
The video doesn't look like he's going that fast. Watch when they go past the connection of the oncoming traffic and their side of the highway. Looks like he's doing about 50mph. Then when they slow down (according to the speedometer) the objects they go past don't seem to slow down much (at least not enough to make it look real). Don't get me wrong. I know those bikes 'can' go that fast. I just don't believe the video looks real. Take a look at the cars in the oncomming traffic lane, they look like they're barely passing them. at 200mph they should be blinks of light. Call me a skeptic... just doesn't look authentic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wrex,
you should get together with this guy named Darius. He has a 650 HP 240Z, and there is a video of him beating a R1 from a stop. I will see if I can find that video.

Of course you guys are on different continates, but seems like there's not much competition for guys at your level around the entire world.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am pretty sure that the Kawasaki ZX-11R is the quickest production bike made. Car & Driver had the 10 quickest vehicles or something like that about a year ago and the ZX-11R was raced by a pro but with no bar in the back and he was able to run I think a 9.5 and he shifted half way through 1st. Also, has anyone seen the video a supra with 70 shot race a turbo Hayabusa at a 70mph roll? Now this is a fast car!
Actually I believe the 12R is faster than the 11R but you are right in some respects as Kawasaki makes the fastest bikes out there. Except the Hyabusa (howerver it's spelled) gets the credit because Kawasaki electronically limited there 11 and 12 R's to 194 mph this had to do with the tires, the stock tires were only rated to like 198 thus if they let the bike go faster they couldn't use them. Anyway story goes if you chip the bike and get new rubbers The last I heard they could hit 218 stock.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.