ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods does a WRX need to run with a stock STI?

TBE/Up/Down Pipe

with
Ecutek or Cobb Stage 2

Should this be able to stay even or beat a stock STI?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
HBPUNK said:
What mods does a WRX need to run with a stock STI?

TBE/Up/Down Pipe

with
Ecutek or Cobb Stage 2

Should this be able to stay even or beat a stock STI?
to run with an STI in all aspects, the wrx needs some fairly heavy work. TBE/UP, AP will have you fairly close. but to make up for top-end and such, a stageIV turbo would do well... VF30 or VF35

on the other end, the STI still has better breaks, better suspension, etc.... so you compete with an STI, the wrx would need all of that also. but speed wise, STI's run lower 13's cosistantly and not many people can get that out of a wrx without going to an upgraded turbo....

STI=better buy for the money

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Judging from the context of his question and remarks, I'm pretty sure he's just talking about straight-line performance. I think engine management, uppipe, and TBE gets you close, but maybe not quite there. Could be a driver's race at that point.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
would a vf 23 help out ?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
wake2snow5 said:
Top end wise I can pull on a STi. I am running Cobb's Stage 2.5 with the VF34 91 octane map.
I think I could, too. (Cobb Stage 2.5, VF34 93 oct).
But I'm pretty sure that if one caught me while I was at lower revs, it would eat me at first...

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
wake2snow5 said:
Top end wise I can pull on a STi. I am running Cobb's Stage 2.5 with the VF34 91 octane map. I am not sure from a stop though.
Ahh.....just side step it at 7000rpm:p If your trans doesn't break, you'll get him:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts