Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody come in contact with these yet. I had one the other day for breakfast. It may be turbocharged but its still a neon and my grandma drives a neon.

·
Registered
192 Posts
SILVERDUBr said:
Has anybody come in contact with these yet. I had one the other day for breakfast. It may be turbocharged but its still a neon and my grandma drives a neon.
Are you stock? Was it from a start or from a roll?

Because there is no stock Rex that can beat a stock SRT-4.

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks like another flame war.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
SILVERDUBr said:
Hey, what a way to make an entrance to the forum!!

IMHO, in the 1/4 mile, it is a drivers race. If the race is to, say 130ish, the *stock* SRT-4 will beat a *stock* WRX. When the two cars are modded, then it comes down to who has the deeper pockets.

If your stock, I'll spank you. If your modded, say TXS stage 3 or 4, you'll hand me my ass. I always say run what you brung, and if you lose, then you need more mods!!

And NO, this not your Grandma's neon!

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
drizze99 does you stock exhaust pop when your engine is coming down from hi revs???? Cause I was right up next to one of these cars in traffic and his exhaust was so poppy. I was curious if this was aftermarket or not...

P.s. He gave me the thumbs up and I returned one too!!! Cool guy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yea, it's real poppy on deceleration. It's even more poppier (<--- is that a word?) with the stage 1 kit in it. The car runs like a rich little piggy. I can't wait till we have a piggy back for this PCM!!

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
so it was prob. stock...wow those SRT's are loud!

·
Registered
225 Posts
tacomaboy138 said:
so it was prob. stock...wow those SRT's are loud!
Oh yea, we can be heard alright!! :D You should hear this car with a full 3" turbo back mufferless exhaust with a race pipe. The friggen car sounds like a turbo prop plane, LOL!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think it is cool that both cars are real close in the 1/4. I hope to get next to one at a light soon. I still haven't even seen one on the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all, i appologize if i offended anyone with my comments on the srt4. i did not realize that there were so many people in this forum that do not drive wrxs. second of all i am not stock, i am officially stage 2 as of last week. planning on stage 3 real soon as i have a turbo xs tmic on the way as well as a vf22. anyway, props to the guy with the 263 hp neon cuz i never thought i would see that happen

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't bother quoting magazine quarter mile times. When it comes down to both driver's being equal, the SRT-4 will beat a WRX from a stop and a roll. In the real world, I've seen more 14.0-14.1s out of stock SRT-4s broken in or not compared to stock WRXs. Most stock WRX owners run 14.3-5s. Some stock SRT-4 owners have even run 13.8-9s on stock tires. Like I said, both driver's being equally skilled, the SRT-4 will win from a stop and rape from a roll.

Two phatty cars nonetheless.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey man, it's all good. :D I like this forum because it is NOT like any other WRX forum out there. I have been accepted into this community for the most part. I hope you stick around cause then you'll see how nice it is around here. I have even met a bunch of the guys on here that are local to me and it was all good times.

It sounds like you have a really nice car there on your hands. How much are you putting down to the wheels? How much psi are you runnin?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right now I am running about 16.5 psi and I have no idea what im runnin at the wheels because I have not had it dynoed yet. I am looking at getting either a unichip or utec so i can get those custom tuned when i go to the dyno. right now i am running the cobb tuning stage 2 reflash. anyway, looking forward to gaining some respect round here.

·
Re-Addicted to WRX
952 Posts
drizze99 I don't know if you know this, but since you have a mopar you might know... were the Neon R/T's fast? I saw one of these on the freeway while I was in my daily driver and caught up to it thinking it was an SRT-4 but it only said R/T on the back...

·
Registered
225 Posts
tacomaboy138 said:
drizze99 I don't know if you know this, but since you have a mopar you might know... were the Neon R/T's fast? I saw one of these on the freeway while I was in my daily driver and caught up to it thinking it was an SRT-4 but it only said R/T on the back...
In stock trim no. They have a 2.0 SOHC with 150/132 crank. They can be modded though. They have the normal bolt ons and Hahn has a turbo kit for them. I had one, and with 2.5" catback, it ran a 16 flat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey nice SRT-4! I almost bought a yellow one as well, but the salesman was a total dumb a$$. N-E-Wayz I bought a yellow WRX (hince the name YeloFvr:p ). I'm glad there is a car out there that can give my WRX some comp....I'm tired of dusting off civics with expensive body kits and stickers:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts