ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend wanted to go for a ride in the WRX so I go pick him up. I get on the freeway at the speed of traffic and almost instantly some Honda rice burner(I don't know which Honda it was) pulls up behind me and starts riding my ass. This is something that really pisses me off. So I slow down to 50mph to screw with him a little. He follows for a while longer and changes to the middle lane to pass me. There were no cars ahead for a bit so I downshifted to fourth and punched it. I took it up to about 85, at that point I shut down because the honda was pretty far behind me. I slowed down to 70. I just knew that he was going to do a flyby. He sure did, he went by with at least 20mph on me, I hate that rice burner exhaust noise. I bet he bragged about how he beat a WRX to his friends later that night. If it was later and there were no cars around I would have gone after him. Anyway, it was a good first race for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Those ricers love fly bys. There's no reason to push your car after you are several car lengths ahead after you've beaten him. Anyways, its dangerous going that fast over a extended period off time. Slowing down after you've beaten a car is a smart thing and easier on your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
He will claim that his Vtech kicked in and he gained 7 cars on you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Speaking of Preludes...

Had a good one the other night. Was at a stoplight with a ricer. A real ricer.

Heck, I couldn't tell what it was at first - sooooo much plastic camo-cladding, so little time. Nice paint job - kind of a silver with a purple clear coat. Best mod by far was on his a-pillar - a tachometer that HAD to have been 8" in diameter, just below eye level. In spite of his best efforts to make this schweet pimpin' ride look like one of a kind, it was identifiable as a prelude.

I was explaining to my passenger that this was a prototypical "Ricer". No revving or acknowledgement of racing on his part.

Light turn green, he guns it. With the growl of 1000 angry steroid-induced gerbils, the ricer hits it. I am ready. Take off at 3500 and begin to supremely own the plastic cladded freakshow. Keep pulling and eventually have a car in my lane - no biggie, I'm like 10 car lengths ahead at this point. I pull into the restaurant parking lot, the prelude followed me in and drives by slowly.

Sheesh.

Love the WRX. Will AutoX this weekend. Nice...

'02 Platinum WRX, mod free.
'00 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 6" lift with long arms and more mods than I can remember.
'01 KLR 650
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
heh,

"i hit VT3C IN 3RD and i was gone"

3rd gear VTEC y0!!!!!! :rolleyes:

is the typical garbage from honda riceboys

i never give riceboys the satisfaction of a flyby (if there is the space to do so)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
i never give riceboys the satisfaction of a flyby (if there is the space to do so)


I've beaten someone badly and he ATTEMPTED TO do a flyby, so I sped up, beat him again, and for some reason he still wanted to do multiple flybies, and I won't let him again.... etc, etc....

I can't believe how stupid some people are. He kept doing it so many times until we both got to the traffic lights.


He LOOKED both sides, and ran the Red Lights.....
JUST SO THAT HE COULD FINALLY BEAT ME!!!! :D

And fark that actually pissed me off so much but commonsense prevented me from doing same to chase after him.
These days if I beat someone and they attempt to do even a single flyby, I will catch up and change into THEIR lane just to piss them off.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wanted to go after him but there were too many cars ahead of me when he finally caught up and did his flyby. Maybe next time.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Derek said:
My friend wanted to go for a ride in the WRX so I go pick him up. I get on the freeway at the speed of traffic and almost instantly some Honda rice burner(I don't know which Honda it was) pulls up behind me and starts riding my ass. This is something that really pisses me off. So I slow down to 50mph to screw with him a little. He follows for a while longer and changes to the middle lane to pass me. There were no cars ahead for a bit so I downshifted to fourth and punched it. I took it up to about 85, at that point I shut down because the honda was pretty far behind me. I slowed down to 70. I just knew that he was going to do a flyby. He sure did, he went by with at least 20mph on me, I hate that rice burner exhaust noise. I bet he bragged about how he beat a WRX to his friends later that night. If it was later and there were no cars around I would have gone after him. Anyway, it was a good first race for me.
:rolleyes: your obviously a ricer if u cant tell what kind of honda your looking at when you see one. and also if u cant tell what honda it was how do u know it was a honda at all? also you down shift to 4th at 50mph when you were supposed to down shift to 2nd at them speeds and yet u still pulled in your wrx huh? most of you might not like me but as you can see this story is like a piece of swiss cheese.....full of wholes.

Edit: also this is only his second post.....are u all realy to blind to see the B.S. he's waving in your faces?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
GREAT, RSXracer200 is back...

RSXracer200 said:


most of you might not like me but as you can see this story is like a piece of swiss cheese.....full of wholes.

Let me correct something here. You say most of us "might not like" you. I'm willing to bet there is not one person on this board that enjoys what you have to say, EVER. But hey this is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...nevermind its been overplayed.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: GREAT, RSXracer200 is back...

campbell said:


Let me correct something here. You say most of us "might not like" you. I'm willing to bet there is not one person on this board that enjoys what you have to say, EVER. But hey this is just my opinion and we all know opinions are like...nevermind its been overplayed.
gee thanks
its a good thing i dont care what others think:D

and also that doesnt change the fact that this kill stinks...because its bull****.
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,126 Posts
why do you even waste your time coming here just to kick up dust? you know eventually the post will be closed and you'll recieve negative vibes from the members of this board looking for a good time, not for a hassle to deal with people who need to nitpick.
"Your obviously a ricer cause you dont know what kind of Honda it was"
Now really, where's the logic in that?
That would really only apply if you were driving a Yugo in Russia to work everyday, and you would'nt even be a ricer. That's like saying "You obviously love muscle cars because you can't tell what year mustang that it."

Heeelloooooooo logic police!

Go shoot the breeze somewhere else, please...with your swiss cheese.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,126 Posts
Re: Re: WRX vs. some kind of Honda

RSXracer200 said:


:rolleyes: your obviously a ricer if u cant tell what kind of honda your looking at when you see one.
acutally, if you were a ricer, you should be a pro at spotting those Hondas

sorry for double post :(
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
trailboss your just mad because i blew away some b.s. wrx kill story

its so easy to see that story is bull****, y cant u see it is clear as day. and if you are a car enthusiast in north america how do you not know what kind of honda your looking at when you see it in front of your face.

dont bother flaming me i just state the facts :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,126 Posts
RSXracer200 said:
trailboss your just mad because i blew away some b.s. wrx kill story

its so easy to see that story is bull****, y cant u see it is clear as day. and if you are a car enthusiast in north america how do you not know what kind of honda your looking at when you see it in front of your face.

dont bother flaming me i just state the facts :cool:
I'm not mad at you, i'm just suggesting a different location for your knowledge of cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
heard of tire spikes? just throw them out your window to get rid of those annoying ricerz...
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top