Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread about the IS300 which diverted into a conversation about the SC400. Just wondering if anyone has ever raced an SC430 or if that is a stupid question. I know NOTHING about the performance of these things other than the showroom stats. Just curious because I saw that car at a car show once and totally fell in love with it. Then I found out it was only available in automatic and that kind of soured it for me (shifting is WAY too much fun to give up!).

Anyway, sorry if that was a stupid question but I was curious and you guys seem to run everything out there. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it's still runs about the same as the 400...

·
Registered
577 Posts
RSXsucks - I agree with you...Those SC's are definitely a beautiful car. I personally have not run against one, nor would I want to..... I am more amazed by the grace with which they move...:) I wouldn't mind one of those for Christmas.... or any other Lexus (apart from the ES300.... no power at all... feels like driving a huge boat... albeit a boat with the quietest engine ever!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
why would u not want to run one? i destroyed my friend's everytime we raced. destroyed as in good 2-3 car leads to 80 some. automatic sure kills a car's performance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mista618 said:
automatic sure kills a car's performance.
Yeah, but... If I was driving a 430, I'd wanna keep mah pimp-hand strong and I'd definitely wanna go slow so all tha ladies can see me cruisin (with the Lexus car salesman in the passenger seat, naturally).

:rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
TurismoLou said:
The SC430 would probably be faster if it wasn't so heavy.
Add a turbo, subtract some weight, and you have this possible futurecar...

...or a wrx killer!! :eek:

...actually, that's supposed to be the new supra and it kinda looks like ass. :(

·
Registered
649 Posts
jonowrx said:

Add a turbo, subtract some weight, and you have this possible futurecar...

...or a wrx killer!! :eek:

...actually, that's supposed to be the new supra and it kinda looks like ass. :(

That looks like the offspring of a Mustang bred with an RSX...

·
Registered
86 Posts
That could'nt be the new Supra. No way in hell is it the new Supra. That thing looks like the Mercury Cougar with some body kit. What a piece of sh*t!

·
Registered
25 Posts
greddy

Agreed. Wholeheartedly agreed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
GREDDY said:
That could'nt be the new Supra. No way in hell is it the new Supra. That thing looks like the Mercury Cougar with some body kit. What a piece of sh*t!
yeah, okay, that's not the new supra.... and the new integra that just came out (rsx) was a joke, along with the v6 eclipse, the 350z and a bunch of the other 'new cars' that are looking like that *thing* in the picture. </sarcasm>

i agree, that thing sucks in comparison to the mid to late 90's bodystyle, but it seems that modern car makers aren't doing the best job at making the sexiest of cars.... unless its a wrx, of course :D

keep in mind that the pictured car is just a concept, maybe the production car will look better. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Does anyone here know anything about the new SC430? It's stout. Equally well driven, the 430 will bust a stock WRX. Many have dipped into the 13s bone stock (hell one magazine got a 13.9...). From a roll it would be even worse. A modified WRX might be a different story, but stock for stock I'd put money on the L.

VV

·
Registered
202 Posts
SC430.."Thar she blows captain!". If you have ever gone on a whale watch and seen a humpback whale you know exactly where the lexsux designers took their styling queues from. That is one fugly looking car.

And I can tell you for certain that a TurboXS stage 2 setup can kill one from any speed...dont know about stock to stock, but you may need a navigator with a harpoon ready if you see one.:p

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've driven one, sure is a nice cruiser. If ya wanna beat one with a WRX, just make sure its a short run and from a stop. The V8 in those cars is a nasty little number, and pulls REAL hard once the standstill intertia is overcome. Be real tight in the 1/4 mile, unless one of the cars is not stock.

BTW--The sound system is unreal, awesome sound, and watching the hardtop fold up and stow away is cool. I spent more time playing with the top than anything else, reminded me of the MB SLK setup.

·
Registered
48 Posts
my dad has one. they are excellent cars. not as fast as you people think though. they are heavy and not made to be quick off the line. awesome car, fun to drive, looks great, and has all the features you could ever want (excluding MT transmission..maybe one day) but definitly would NOT take a stock wrx off the line, through 60, in the 1/4 mile..but afterwards..when it was all said and done in you were on the highway...the wrx would look like it was standing still..

EDIT: this picture does his car no justice. the wheels on this car are beautiful in person. everything looks flat and kinda blown out because the sun was so bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
376 Posts
One of those murdered me from a 10mph punch when I was stock. The one that is pictured in the pic. I didn't even know what it was. Auto or not-see ya stock wrx. It'd be ahead of the wrx by the 8th mile in the quartermile. They trap at near or over 100mph stock I believe.

·
Registered
278 Posts
mbpWRX said:

EDIT: this picture does his car no justice. the wheels on this car are beautiful in person. everything looks flat and kinda blown out because the sun was so bright.
****, your car (WRX) look 10x better and cost half as much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i agree, that thing sucks in comparison to the mid to late 90's bodystyle, but it seems that modern car makers aren't doing the best job at making the sexiest of cars.... unless its a wrx, of course
JonoWRX,
That's exactly how I feel! All the new sports cars seem to be going to that "bubble" look or like a VW Beetle on steroids. The WRX definitely has a unique look of it's own - a purebred rally car!

·
Registered
60 Posts
THe GS 430 got a 13.9 1/4, not the SC 430. SC 430 is a GT, not a race car. O-60 from 5.9-6.6 seconds. Not many aftermarket performance parts, a lil from TOMS but that is it. The SC 430 is a different beast than the SC 300/400.

So you should take it off the line and beat it most every time, be wary of anything over 80mph, the V-8 really picks up then.:cool:

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8135&papass=&sort=1&thecat=504

http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8196&papass=&sort=1&thecat=504

1 - 20 of 24 Posts