ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to race an S2000 tonight. THis is a very important race for me, lots of bragging rights on the line. The driver of the S2000 is a girl on top of it all :eek:

Anyway, I have a 2003 WRX with UTEC stage 1, blitz exhaust, and RFL BOV. I also have 18" wheels for that matter, making it a tad bit harder to launch. I have killed several mustangs lately, including a 95 5.0 cobra and an 02 GT w/ drag radials, intake, pullies, catback, and gears.

I'm worried about the S2000 though just because of her crazy top end power. I've heard that she can drive pretty decent, but she just put on some new 17" wheels and tires, and the new tires are kind of ****ty, so they may not hookup as well as the S02's used to. THe S2000 is bone stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You should have her pretty easy from a stop I would think. How far are you guys going to run? Quarter mile? Flying mile?

More information please. With a stage 1 "tuned" UTEC I would think you'd be okay but I don't remember what a stage 1 car drives like since I've had a turbo xs stage 2 for 2 years.

Good luck. :cool:

·
Registered
441 Posts
From a dig and a nice launch this should be a no contest if its the quater mile. If you are going to do a rolling start on anything past a quarter mile then I'd be a little worried.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
You will lose if she can drive..

You need TurboXS stage 2 mods as a minimum if you want to go S2000 hunting from a roll, and even then, it would be a driver's race imo.

The shorter you keep the race, the better, and your chances are best if you go from a stop, not a roll..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Instead of the bov you should have bought an up pipe, I toyed with an s2k when I had an up pipe + mbc and he couldn't walk me at low speeds....don't know what would happen past 60 (nor would I want to know :p)

Also what year is the s2k? Aren't the new ones a little more powerful/torquey?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bov was $75 used

i have an up pipe, its just not on yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
lawnboy said:
the bov was $75 used

i have an up pipe, its just not on yet.
from a dead stop you will win by very little...

from a 30+mph roll you're new nickname will be pubes...cause you'll get waxed

·
Registered
960 Posts
From a dig or a first gear roll, you'll win. From a 60mph roll it would be close.

·
Registered
389 Posts
take off the RFL BOV and go back to stock. I promise you that your performance will be worse because of the RFL. I went to the track and ran almost a second faster after I took off the RFL. Please do this now!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
along with that take out your spare tire, and anything else you don't need just in case :D

I think you should be able to beat her though. Is it one of the newer S2000's or the older ones?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
01 S200.

i already took out the spare and all that junk. I'm cleaning out tthe rest of my interior, should free up 10-15 pounds :D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
From a stop you should have it in the bag as long as you launch correctly, despite magazines/experts the street is different. Usually people get nervous when I get out in front of them and since 01's are all stick she has to be a perfect driver to run the low 14's high 13's s2k's are claimed to run. Once people see that awd launch and see the wrx (or evo/gs-x/sti for that matter) out in front they usually start fumbling shifts etc because they're paying more attention to you then their driving. Is your utec tuned? Or is it just the Stage 1 map from TXS?

·
Registered
225 Posts
from a dead stop you will win by very little...
I don't think he has the Automatic so the top-ends of both cars should be comparable. So from a stop unless you screw the launch you will take him. No offense SLOW4eat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i beat her by SEVERAL car lengths. she can bang gears alright ,but she CAN'T launch

she then yelled at my friend for "setting her up with a much faster car":lol:

on the highway it was a close race, but then when we started gonig up a slight incline i dominated because my car has a ton more torque.

·
Registered
976 Posts
lawnboy said:
i beat her by SEVERAL car lengths. she can bang gears alright ,but she CAN'T launch

she then yelled at my friend for "setting her up with a much faster car":lol:

on the highway it was a close race, but then when we started gonig up a slight incline i dominated because my car has a ton more torque.
Good job, about what I thought would happen! :D

·
Registered
622 Posts
GJ ;)

represent the wrx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts