ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the WRX compares to the Mitsu Ralliart? I know everyone always talks STI vs Evo, but have never seen a comparison against these two.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
It's a Mitsubishi Ralliart...so who even cares? WRX wins ;)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Automatic transmition vs manual. Smaller trunk vs big enough that my dog fits. Wrx wins big time.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
only thing's I've ever heard is that they tried doing a detuned turbo version of the Evo...and put it in a regular Lancer body without anything special. So I'd say it was closer to the "Impreza GT" than anything...

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
only thing's I've ever heard is that they tried doing a detuned turbo version of the Evo...and put it in a regular Lancer body without anything special. So I'd say it was closer to the "Impreza GT" than anything...
and we all saw how long that lasted lol

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
ewww,who came up with that name,Ralliart.
I think Andrew Cowan. It was supposed to be Mitsu's answer to Ove "The Pope" Andersson's Toyota Team Europe. It's always sad to see things change like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm just got my new WRX 2011. I traded my ralliart 2009 for this baby. There's a lot of differences between thoses cars and the mayor is the tranny. The ralliart's twin clutch transmission is really fun to use for performance. But for a cool day to day ride it's a jerk. The shifts are to close and you are 45 miles per hour on sixth. Those cars are fun, ralliart have superior equipment, superior integral traction system but subaru have a lower driving position, lower gravity center and are more powerful engine. I love my WRX a lot more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm just got my new WRX 2011. I traded my ralliart 2009 for this baby. There's a lot of differences between thoses cars and the mayor is the tranny. The ralliart's twin clutch transmission is really fun to use for performance. But for a cool day to day ride it's a jerk. The shifts are to close and you are 45 miles per hour on sixth. Those cars are fun, ralliart have superior equipment, superior integral traction system but subaru have a lower driving position, lower gravity center and are more powerful engine. I love my WRX a lot more.

Ok this part makes me say that you be trollin! Superior equipment? ok.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I would also be interested in knowing which equipment is better...just for my own personal education. A twin-clutch Ralliart was never on a short list of cars that I was interested in; 3 pedals, please.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I always thought I had superior equipment...at least that's what all the ladies say :sadwave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
In Canada compare to standard WRX Ralliart have xenon light, board computer, recaro seats, 18" alloy wheels, aluminium hood, better sound system, better bluethoot, 3 modes adjustable traction control and It can surprise you on a start because twin clutch transmission on sport automatic mode shift quicker than anyone with manu tranny (power boost arrive 1000 rpm earlier than WRX). It's not a cheap car and for race he is realluy funny. But as told I prefer my new Sub who is also funny to drive . But take my opinion in a subjective way. I'm 57 years old.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Cool stuff!
You'll find that most here prefer a true manual due to its fun factor, and aren't concerned about the milliseconds involved.

Welcome aboard, btw. I'm 45 if it matters. :rotfl:

·
Banned
93 Posts
agreed yet again, having the 11 WRX it pretty much keeps up with even the EVO (yes the EVO still edges it out) but the WRX will surely beat the Ralliart

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
agreed yet again, having the 11 WRX it pretty much keeps up with even the EVO (yes the EVO still edges it out) but the WRX will surely beat the Ralliart
In what? A straight line? The EVO consistently beats the STi around tarmac stages, and the STi is the high performance derivative of the WRX.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts