Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Race was from 30mph+ he had a slight head start and gained instantly about 3/4 car lengths. By the end of 2nd gear, I gained 1/4 back and still was about 1/2 car lengths behind. By the end of 3rd gear, I had about 1/2 car length on him then had to shut down.

Only mod I have is a BPM GT turboback and a silencer removal mod. I did not know that Spirit R/T was that fast.... I checked the spec and it runs 6.5 sec 0-60mph stock, which I think is pretty awesome.... he had exhaust and probably CAI.

I am glad that I got him at the end.... I ended up going to Autozone and got a new air filter :) It is time to get a MBC again.... :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
WRXreX said:
Race was from 30mph+ he had a slight head start and gained instantly about 3/4 car lengths. By the end of 2nd gear, I gained 1/4 back and still was about 1/2 car lengths behind. By the end of 3rd gear, I had about 1/2 car length on him then had to shut down.

Only mod I have is a BPM GT turboback and a silencer removal mod. I did not know that Spirit R/T was that fast.... I checked the spec and it runs 6.5 sec 0-60mph stock, which I think is pretty awesome.... he had exhaust and probably CAI.

I am glad that I got him at the end.... I ended up going to Autozone and got a new air filter :) It is time to get a MBC again.... :(
6.5 0-60 isn't very fast. That is around what the RSX-S can do stock. Just thought it was interesting that you considered it fast, that's all.

Nice kill!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WRX w/o AWD launch gets around low 6s as Consumer Report got a 6.2 sec from WRX. Funny thing is that they got 7.1 sec out of RSX Type-S :rolleyes:

·
Registered
74 Posts
WRXreX said:
WRX w/o AWD launch gets around low 6s as Consumer Report got a 6.2 sec from WRX. Funny thing is that they got 7.1 sec out of RSX Type-S :rolleyes:
I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me. You say that a WRX with a ****ty launch does 0-60 in less time than the car you just called fast. A WRX with a good launch would do significantly better.

And I see your 7.1 RSX 0-60 and raise you a 6.1 (which was one of the first 0-60 times out for the RSX-S)! Both are on the absolute extreme of what you would expect a bone stock RSX-S to do.

Anyway, I really wasn't trying to flame, I was just surprised that you would consider a 6.5 fast.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ordered Joe MBC yesterday.... should be getting it sometime next week. I once had a HPMBC but sold it due to partial throttle problem...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like BPM-GT turboback... especially with a silencer off :) Turbo spools faster and it adds approx. 15 hp and 25-30 ft-lbs of torque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts