Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine was saying how his dads lexus 400 or 430, im not sure which. is much faster then "that subaru or whatever" because "its a v8, what is that a V6) i reply with 4 cylinder then he immediatly thinks it would kill the subaru... the miseducation of something. Then i got a race challenge for my mustang by his friends navigator. (admittingly it will be closer then i would like it to be with my automatic) Just some funny stuff. 8>4 so it must be faster right :eek: :p

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they dont grasp the concept of weight I dont believe. But from a highspeed roll the lexus might have a chance, like above 80. But i could be wrong, any input?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
BamBooI said:
i thought u had a mustang not a wrx?
reread his sig.... His WRX is "invisible" at the moment. Guessing that means he doesn't have one yet.;)

I just passed a SC430 this morning. Pretty car, IMO. Don't really know much about their performance, but it HAS to be faster since it has more cylinders!:p :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
WRXed said:

reread his sig.... His WRX is "invisible" at the moment. Guessing that means he doesn't have one yet.;)

I just passed a SC430 this morning. Pretty car, IMO. Don't really know much about their performance, but it HAS to be faster since it has more cylinders!:p :rolleyes:
SC430 is quite purty, but that convertible hardtop has GOT to add loads of weight on the car...

An LS430 would likewise be heavy but I don't know what kind of engine it's running. I do know that a GS430 would kill us (stock) on the highway...those things are monsters...

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have an auto too, and i came up to one of these a few months ago. the guy looked at me and asked me to race. i had like 2 others in my car, and so did he. the light turns green, and we were both off, i didnt break torque, so he caught me off the line about .5 car length, but i came up and passed him and at about 75mph or so, i was about 1.5 cars ahead. there i slowed down and let him pass me and i turned on my exit. i was happy with the outcome, mostly because my car is an auto and i didnt brake torque :)!

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right now i got a v6 automatic mustang, but i talk like i own a wrx. I am a sad sad sad case. I actually dreamed last night that I was at the dealers in the local area searching for a sonic yellow to buy. back onto topic: the GS430 i wouldnt even mess with, thats one fast car, underrated in regards to performance if ya ask me. I would think that a WRX could take a LS430, the car stats numbers on it has the LS runnin a 15 or so sec 1/4 but outa the hole i think its a 0-60 in 7. so with AWD, less weight and a manual vs automatic ls. I dont think that up to 70 or 80 it would be very close.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and i believe that the LS430 is runnin a similar 300 something hp V8 I think lexus uses the same engine in the GS430 as the LS. But the weight has to be a very very large difference in speed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts