Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend was driving and we get behind a Jetta 1.8T. He floors it off the line, we just take off normally but punch it in third and catch up. We slow down and punch it again in third. It appeared he did the same but we destyroyed it by several cars. Are these cars fast?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Stock, they are about equivalent to an RSX-S (slower if you asked ClubRSX, faster if you ask VWVortex :D ). Chipped, they are about equal to an S2000 if you ask VWVortex. Sarcasm aside, chipped, they are mighty impressive, more than capable of beating a stock WRX in any rolling race.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I played with one for an hour or so in fast freeway traffic. The car was obviously tuned, debadged and all. I was still stock. The VW was very fast.

russ

·
Registered
99 Posts
1.8T is not that fast in the stock form. They are not as fast as RSX-S. But generall people with some exhaust work and a chip upgrade will be pushing 200+ easily. So watch out for those.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I never get to play with one of those on the road (or even at the track). What ever they got done to it I'll be waiving to'em in my rearview mirror.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have owned 2 1.8t's so I can speak with experience.

A 1.8t with chip/exhaust will most likely pull on a stock WRX. With my Jetta I ran with a WRX wagon with an MBC tweaked up pretty high. We ran on the highway from 3rd, through 4th. He put 2 or 3 cars on me. We did this several times with similar results.

I had an 01 Jetta with an APR chip www.goapr.com and a forced motion exhaust. www.forced-motion.com

If you haven't gone to the APR website you should check out the stage III program. 12.6 @112 with a 1.9sec. 60'.
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/images/Dragstrip.wmv

That is a killer trap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
raced my friends like a week ago, killed him off the line, pulled like 3 or 4 lengths in front. then we raced on the move. same result. 1.8 = quick, but nothing like our cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming you catch one from a roll, stock they're nothing to write home about. Quick yea, but a little lacking up top. Once you start modding them, they become alot like Mustangs.. you never know which is fast and which just has a muffler. I've seen a few 1.8T's at the track which "appeared" modded pulling mid 15's, seen other pull LOW 14's while trapping 97-98mph which is more than enough to walk a *stock* WRX on a roll, and still others are even faster. Never can tell..

·
Registered
88 Posts
VTC_CiViC said:
seen other pull LOW 14's while trapping 97-98mph which is more than enough to walk a *stock* WRX on a roll, and still others are even faster. Never can tell..
Stock WRX vs Modded 1.8T, a WRX is capable of 14.1-14.3 @ 95-96. From a roll, it shouldn't be a lot different givin the trap speeds. The 1.8T may SLOWLY pull but nothing dramatic.

Put on a cheap $35 MBC and....many WRX's with just an MBC set to 15-17 psi will run between 13.5-13.9 @ 95-97. When I just had an MBC on my WRX set to 15 psi I ran 13.9 @ 95 in the mid-day heat of August last year.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
must have been stock because i easily pulled about 4 cars on him from a roll.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts