Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was traveling down Grand Ave. in Covina on my way home from work, minding myself right after snagging some of that sweet $1.85 92 octane from the local Shell. I stop at a light right before a 10 freeway overpass, then on my right side pulls up some sort of integ...black...look back, see large wing...look at the lip, see spoiler, then notice the nice gunmetal wheels...then the 5 lugs...Type-R...yay.

"vvviiiIIIINNNNG vvIIIIIINNNNNGGG", the Type-R whines.

for about this long --> <-- i contemplate not running him...but it was just too great an oppurtunity, there goes engine to 4.5k.

light green, clutch slips as i slide forward, engine goes to 6k, drop clutch, chirp rears for 1/2 second, off like god punted my ass for a 50 yard field goal=instant 2 car lead.

meanwhile, mr. flamenco black pearl Type-R is squeeling is wheels.

i shift to second. can't even see him in my sideview. here comes 60mph for me, look in the rear view, his ass is on the onramp to the 10... :mad: grrr..damnit.

it would have been so perfect, the next light was about 1/8th mile away, and then after that uphill (yay for torque )...a little disappointed, but oh well. pretty funny.

and no, this is NOT gt3 damnit.

-Joseph Tan, who just said a whole lot about nothin'.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice kill, sort of? :confused: Hehe. hey I've seen your SN all over the place. i-club, clubsi, etc. I'm in the Pasadena/Glendale area

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, hey man, i'm in the diamond bar/walnut area. you see my SN everywhere, because a lot of times i have nothingb etter to do :). if you check in the SoCal section of this board, there is going to be a couple meets next weekend, it'd be cool if you were to come! check out http://www.teamunison.com , they are a local celica club, good group of guys, great parts connections.

-Joseph Tan

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: WigglesxJr ]

·
Registered
28 Posts
i HATE bastards that do that!!! they rev, and then they turn. stoopid.

anyway, WIGS are you crazy?! thats not the best the place to be racing. especially up the hill. ive seen countless cars getting tickets there, and im sure you have also. the cops love that road, man. well, just look'n out for ya.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, no kidding, my dad has gotten NUMEROUS ticks up there. in the heat of the moment, i just forgot about that! seriously though, i would probably wuss off the throttle not too far past 50 ( or whatever is the speedlimit there.)...MAYBE...hehehe...thanks for lookin' out though=).

-Joseph Tan

·
Registered
293 Posts
Maybe we could meet up some time or whatever. A local WRX meet would be cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts