ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This race was between me and my friend that owns a WRX. His WRX is stock except for a JoeP MBC. I own the Integra. It is modded and supercharged by Jackson Racing. Well the first race was from the stoplight. Light turns green I spin and he goes. My car is faster but not by much so it would of taken a long time to finially catch him, so I gave him the win there. Second race was from a rolling start at 40. I pulled on him and shut down at about 90. I love the supercharger on my car but as any of you know who have owned a supercharged car it is not as much fun as a turbo.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thats a hell of a nice time on an Integra. Nice sleeper you have there! I've never owned a supercharged car, but I've had a ride in a few. Basically the only difference I could tell was the boost came on later... what else is different?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The roots type supercharger comes on right off the line and can cause the tires to spin a lot. Also the boost tends to pucker out near redline. It is like a constant surge. The turbo hits harder when it kicks and I think it is more fun to feel the boost kick in. This could just be my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! But it just makes me think about how fast I could of made a WRX with the same type of money I invested into my integra. Makes me sad that a WRX with just a JoeP can almost hang with my car. I guess you live and learn.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Nice car ya got there boojee. I was thinking about swaping a B18C into my del sol but it would have cost an arm and a leg. That's when I decided to take that money an use it as a down payment on my WRX.

Bang for buck, they are hard to beat. Here's *roughly* what I've paid to go fast, exluding suspension parts.

Up-pipe $200.00
MBC $20.00
Unichip $450.00
Turbo-back exhaust $1000.00
Pulley $70.00
Samco Intercooler Hoses $130.00
STI Injectors $400.00
Walbro Fuel Pump $100.00
VF22 Turbo $500.00

Damn, now that I add that $hit up that's alot of money. Still less that what it costs for a Jackson Racing Supercharger though! :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
13.7 is nice

13.7 is damn nice. Street tires or slicks?

I'm a bit suprised why your trap speed is so low at 90 mph! :eek:

My hybrid runs a 14.00 @ 96 mph. That was on slicks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is cool man... My buddy has a white GSR. He has a JR supercharger and all the goodies, fuel reg., headers exhaust etc.... He ran the exact time you did last time we went to the 1/4 mile he ran a 13.7 and I ran a 13.9...... close race... He has been having some trouble w/ his of late.. low compresssion in one of his cylinders some ecu crap.... but that car is fast as hell... love the SC whine!!! he let me drive it once.. Fun but not as fun as a turbo....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you WRXRATED7 for pointing that out. It should of been 98 mph not 90 sorry. By the way that was on slicks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I think that the type of supercharger and the size of the supercharger makes a difference. Centrifugal superchargers perform more like turbochargers. They even look like a turbo to a certain degree. They tend to take a bit more time to spool up and do deliver well on the top end. They can be compact and are more easily cooled than a larger roots type. My smaller 1.7 litre roots type doesn't have any noticeable lag time. The 650 pound feet of peak torque is available at 3800 RPMs. over 500 pound feet is available at 1600 rpms. Great care was taken with cooling (11 radiators / heat exchangers) so as not to have the same heat soak issues as with the Z06.

I don't take my car to the strip very often. My best run was 11.88 at 124MPH. The DA would have been 3000-4000 as the ambient temperature was 102 degrees in Bowling Green on that July day in 2018. Although the track was prepped. By the time I was running, there had been a couple of "track oiled events" and the surface was getting a bit greasy. With a mineshaft DA (negative DA) and a well prepped track, several entirely stock examples, with [email protected] good drivers, have run into the 10.90s at 13XMPh trap speeds. The stock tire is the bigger limiting factor.

·
Æternum
20,446 Posts
Why did we bump this 18 year old thread?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts