Subaru WRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Alright, please elaborate so I can be as enlightened as you.

POST SOME PICS!!!:D I wanna see what we are missing out over here!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Re: Gc8 Rules

ROBSTA said:
THAT IS ALL...........:D
Well, I'm convinced. Anyone want to buy my POS "New Impreza" so I can go one of the oldest chassis designs to come out of Japan?

We love all Subarus here, but come on.

-Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Gc8 Rules

ROBSTA said:
THAT IS ALL...........:D
And what exactly do they rule? Trust me, I love the 2.5 RS but come on. It was never a real player with it's "good enough for North America" engine. All the true enthusiast knew what was lurking overseas so the RS was kind of a dissapointment, relatively speaking.

Face it, the new age WRX is the top of the Subaru food chain. The RS was nice, but the real version lives in the GD.

But your ride is very nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is why i chose the RS and still love it over the GDA WRX.....

-better braking
-better handling
-better styling
-better low rpm torque (very flat torque and horsepower curves which is a big deal for autox)
-offered in two door :D
-much more of an aftermarket available

and finally............there is no replacement for displacement.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ROBSTA said:
here is why i chose the RS and still love it over the GDA WRX.....

-better braking
-better handling
-better styling
-better low rpm torque (very flat torque and horsepower curves which is a big deal for autox)
-offered in two door :D
-much more of an aftermarket available

Whatever makes you feel better. Just keep repeating these items while trying to catch up.;)

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Somebody want to move this to the "blow off valve"? This poor guy is just trying to vent his frustrations.

Don't worry man, someday you too may be able to own a WRX. Until then, just remember that at least it's a Subaru.

One word of advice, though. People with small 4 cylinder motors shouldn't go around saying "there's no replacement for displacement". You don't have it to replace. :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
ROBSTA said:
Wow!!! A whole half :confused: liter of combustion chamber torque terror!

Well, like I said, I've always loved the RS. But this is a new age and it is presently ruled by the New Age WRX.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
koyokid said:

Wow!!! A whole half :confused: liter of combustion chamber torque terror!

Well, like I said, I've always loved the RS. But this is a new age and it is presently ruled by the New Age WRX.
ya i think the NA 2.5 isn't as fast as the turbo 2.0 so that would be a replacement--TURBOO hehehe yippie

·
Registered
293 Posts
Maybe a GC8 GT, WRX, STi, or STi Type R. Not a 2.5, though. I would ultimately like a 2.5L block in any WRX, but that is for another day. As for looks, that is opinion.

I am glad that you like your GC8. It's in my personal favorite color. And for me, I'll take a high performing sedan over a coupe with the same performance any day. If I want two doors, I only want two seats. Having seen some of your other posts, you seem to only be here to cause a stir. Well, you've done it.:rolleyes: I hope that you can soon post with more respect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
enough of the "my WRX is faster" talk because if you are near stock....you are not faster than me.if you don't know about the GC8 handling and braking better than the WRX i am sorry for your ignorance.

no replacement for displacement.......

let's go over this,

i have a built 2.5 litre motor with turbo and so on.....

you have a built 2 litre motor with turbo and so on....

we both run the same set up......

which will make more power and be faster?
:D

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I'm with Wombat here...I don't get where all these hater attitudes are coming from...from both sides!

I got love for all the Scoobies...no need to discriminate amongst our own kind :rolleyes:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Verdugo said:
I'm with Wombat here...I don't get where all these hater attitudes are coming from...from both sides!

I got love for all the Scoobies...no need to discriminate amongst our own kind :rolleyes:
Make sure Rob reads this.

But seriously,

RS 2.5 60-0 121 ft

WRX 60-0 115 ft

both sets of data taken from Edmunds

I'm sorry for your ignorance, but the New age body is 150% stiffer than the GC8. So how do explain that the GC8 has better handling? Aftermarket? If so, then we can put on new shocks/springs too.

Building a 2.5 liter is no basis for a comparison. If you get to put in new rods, turbo, pistons, etc then we get to also. Then you're back to square one.

More aftermarket? Are you kidding? Are you just typing for typing's sake?

The RS was, I'm sorry, a bastard child. The WRX had 2.0 liters, NOT 2.5. The only reason the 2.5 exists was so that Subaru could show off a little of it's rally heritage, but they couldn't meet emmisions at that time. The car was great and I really wanted one when I was younger, but then the WRX came out, so for a person who's been in love with the WRX since '94, what was I supposed to get?
Admit it, you like the styling of the GC8 better and that's the only reason it's better in your eyes. All those other points are meaningless because stock for stock, we'll kick your booty in EVERYTHING! And aftermarket crap comes down to the user, not the car.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.