-larger injectors
-larger Fuel pump
-Front mount I/C
-Garret T25 Turbo
-HKS Blow off Valve
-AFC Controller
-AVC-R Boost Controller Set to 18 PSI
-stage 1 Clutch

Installed at Performance By Design Total Cost: 3,000 for parts, unknown for install..

03 WRX-5 Speed

-Manual Boost Controller Set to 16 Psi in 4th gear
-No Exhaust after Cat. (Race Version, Free horse Power, free sound that will scare others)
-Gutted 3rd Cat
-Turbo XS RFL

First we go from a 40 MPH Roll:
I was sitting there thinking that im gonna get killed, i mean look at how much stuff he has done. we decide to go on the 3rd honk, he is honking. i hear the second honk, just about to go and the GSX takes off as he is 3rd honking. he already pulls a car on me, that T25 spools so fast. Revs go to 7,000, Slam it into 3rd and start to reel him in. 5900, 6000, 6100, i could reach out and touch him with my hand, 6500 6600, 6700, slam 4th gear, its over i start pulling hard on him, overall 2 cars to 120.

Second we go from a Stop:
Traffic light Started, no cheating on this one.

I rev to 4, hold it, hold it...GO....Slip clutch and rev to 5, i love all wheel drive. but wait, he has it to, hes about 1/2 car back, slam 2nd and pull a car through 2nd, hit third, pull the gap to 3 cars or so. i see him shut down, he's done and had enough.

Question for all, what does a car with his mods usually run? i havent been to the track yet...

·
Registered
10 Posts
awesome race dude
but that really isnt fully modded, the T25 is a very small turbo and correct me if Im wrong but I think its also the stocker, it supports I think about 250hp, I think if he had a 16G or so the odds might have been in his favor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
one thing i didn't post is i have raced a Talon with full bolt on's and a big 16g runnin 17psi, put a car on him rolling, and 2 from a dig... but for putting a grand total of $80 worth of performance mods i think im doin good

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is not a fully modded GSX, youthink a WRX turbo is small, look at a T-25, tiny and crap, but spools instantly. Fastest you can get 1 to go is 14 flat.

Godd kill BTW, he will need a turbo upgrade to keep up with you.:(

·
Registered
40 Posts
The T25 will give insane torque. I'm at 18 psi before 3,000 rpms. Then it falls off in the higher rpm range. Like 4500-500 itll drop to 14 psi, which is why you realed him in easily. I cant wait to get my 16g. :cool:

Cood kill

·
Registered
184 Posts
the t-too small has mind blowing bottom end but around 3rd gear @ 4000 it falls on its face.... all that money he spent and he's still running the stock turbo.... no wonder you won.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just bought a small 16g for my talon. It is a project car and I have plenty to do to it right now. I was excited to get it in, but the car has a little shaking issue. At highway speeds, it is a giant vibrator. I am thinking tie-rod ends. Just gotta pick some up and install them and then I will be ready to put the turbo in. Have plugs and wires to install, a new o2 sensor, and e-brake lines. I think I am going to have to replace the rotors, pads, and calipers too. So won't be driving it fast anytime soon. I believe the T25 and the 14b are the two different stock turbos. If you run into one running a 20g turbo with all the supporting mods, a WRX will most likely have a hard time keeping up. With the current mods that that GSX has, it is no surprise that you pulled, however.

·
Registered
223 Posts
silverscooby said:
How about a WRX running a 20G/8cm2 with the 6H shaft? ;) It put down 405whp and 360ft/lbs

btw, where have you been. I havent seen you on here in awhile.
been training on a new job so haven't been online too much lately. No more sitting in front of a computer all day. My feet will hate me now, but my a$$ is pretty happy :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, those T25s sure are tiny, but they sure do spool up quickly! Aren't those the same turbos in the Mazdaspeed Proteges? I drove one before, and I was surprised at the minimal turbo lag. But on that car, there was almost no top-end, and I'd imagine it wouldn't be too different in that Eclipse.

I don't know nearly as much about cars as half the people on here, but on an Eclipse GSX, I would never "upgrade" to a T25. Even though T25s offer a good amount of low-end power, the AWD launches should give the driver a good jump while the turbo spools so they can keep the lead. Maybe on a FWD, non-turbo Eclipse (RS or GS) I'd look into a T25, but never on a GS-T or GSX.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Business associate owns a 1997 Eclipse

And is running a Hahn Super 20G, has a 10cm Exhaust housing,
it is by far one of the sickest cars I have been in. We've pulled on C5 vettes on the freeway like nothin.....this car gets full spool by 3800-3900 rpm's, around 18psi.....
Well, just wanted to shed my experience with the DSM...
OH, we dynoed a 1g eclipse, it made 400 whp....went for a ride in it afterwards, he has launch control, rev's to 4 grand, then he dumped the clutch, all 4 wheels a burnin' rubber....pretty awesome...
Regards,
Christopher

·
Registered
281 Posts
NO NO, just the opposite for a FF< you want a BiG turbo that spools up in the higher RPMS. If you have a Turbo that spools instantly, it'll break the front wheels loose so soon. Like a 20G would be perfect for a FF.

T-25 is so much smaller then a 14B, 14B makes WAY more power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This Car with the 20g is a front wheel drive, spins tires in 1st, and 2nd gear, pretty amazing....when third gear comes around, it is wild...
Christopher

·
Registered
223 Posts
Evilevo8 said:
NO NO, just the opposite for a FF< you want a BiG turbo that spools up in the higher RPMS. If you have a Turbo that spools instantly, it'll break the front wheels loose so soon. Like a 20G would be perfect for a FF.

T-25 is so much smaller then a 14B, 14B makes WAY more power.
You are correct. The T25 is for the FWD cars while the AWD cars get the larger 14B. Started the turbo swap today on mine, but do to much rust and other small issues, didn't get to finish. I just left the car in my friends garage and we will finish it up next weekend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
2001S4 said:
You are correct. The T25 is for the FWD cars while the AWD cars get the larger 14B. Started the turbo swap today on mine, but do to much rust and other small issues, didn't get to finish. I just left the car in my friends garage and we will finish it up next weekend.
Yeah, that's what I was saying... I think that some people misread my post. But whatever. Smile and have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Yeah, that's what I was saying... I think that some people misread my post. But whatever. Smile and have a nice day. :)
Nah, I think most people got what you were saying. I was just clarifying for anyone who wasn't sure and may have gotten confused.

·
Registered
43 Posts
C5

Need4Boost said:
T-25 = T for too small. :)

A stock C5 is nothing (assuming you are modded pretty good). Z06 is the thing to watch out for.
I see, well that just an example,
We ran a 911 turbo porsche on the freeway, walked it by about 1.5 carlengths....thats not too bad...
christopher

1 - 20 of 32 Posts