ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start this post off on a good note about the focus, if you have a teenage driver in the family you can be absolutely sure they would not be able to injure themselves in a ford focus especially if you give them the mykey. I took the ford out of the thrifty rental lot thinking; hey it's a ford. I assured myself that it wouldn't be a steaming load only to be disappointed as soon as I started moving. Mistake number one was not recognizing that of the two keys they gave me I used the mykey. First indication of this was when I entered the highway and the vehicle was not doing 60mph despite all my efforts of slamming the gas pedal to the floor for a good 30+ seconds. The second indication of this came quickly after hitting the apex of the turn on the on ramp of I285. The dash lights up stating that I should check my speed and then drive safely. After about 30 miles of driving I decided I needed to stop for some food, after being hit on by what I believed to be a prostitute I quickly hopped back into my whip and happened to place the normal key in the ignition. WOW, what a difference. The car actually decided to get out of it's own way when you step on the gas, the automatic transmission was even performing engine braking for me, I could nail the pedal exiting the turns and expect the car to accelerate. This thing doesn't seem too bad. What changed? I was exiting the highway once more and I noticed the g-forces were not lighting my dash up like a christmas tree. That when it dawned on me that mykey was that feature that ford placed in their cars to prevent kids form beating them to death. I continued on my merry way until I got to my hotel and went to put the car in park. I noticed something else in my haste to clear the premises before a pimp approached me and tried to charge me for his girl's time I threw the transmission into 'L'. Lesson learned if you want to turn your rental car into something that is tolerable to drive, make sure you have a pimp hot on your tail or just start with the vehicle in low gear. So, yeah the wrx is better.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
.........Is there any point to this post at all? I understood about 50% of it and of that 50% only about 3% was useful information

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The car will start in L (i.e. 1st) without putting the tranny in that position. All that L does is ensure the car won't shift beyond 2nd gear. It's meant as a braking feature.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
What is this thread about? Pancakes?...

·
Æternum
20,588 Posts
All I read was "ford focus... prostitute.... whip."

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I've always loved the bunny with a pancake on its head pic...crack up every time!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I love walls of text...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts