ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so everyone in my town just HATES wrx's. its pretty much a group of tegs (gsr's and a couple of type r's) and 1.8t's.
they were talking MAJOR sh1t about how their cars run 12's and 13's.

so they all challenged me to a race. Each one of them lined up, and each one of them lost. Went from a dig with the 1.8t, and two gsr's (intake headers exhaust and other unmentioned mods) got 4 cars off the launch and they never pulled back. the two gsr's tho were spinning tires from the launch and missed the shift a few times. One gsr with just an exhaust raced from 3 honks, and the wrx took him pretty easily by a few cars from 20 - 90. the other gsr with major mods who was spinning like crazy from a dig went from a 15mhp roll. wrx was out of boost and he was right in his vtec range so he jumped 2 cars. wrx was pulling him back by 3rd but he shut down. if we had raced from any other speed it wouldn't have been the same result.

the reason for all of this owneage was a new accessport... its been doing its job and boost has been at 14.7 psi in 3rd, 14.2 in second and 13.2 in first. Car feels all around great and was even able to beat a type r from a roll hands down. now just to wait for the exhaust components again...

-burrito

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
burrito007 said:
so everyone in my town just HATES wrx's. its pretty much a group of tegs (gsr's and a couple of type r's) and 1.8t's.

so they all challenged me to a race. Each one of them lined up, and each one of them lost. Went from a dig with the 1.8t, and two gsr's (intake headers exhaust and other unmentioned mods) got 4 cars off the launch and they never pulled back. the two gsr's tho were spinning tires from the launch and missed the shift a few times. One gsr with just an exhaust raced from 3 honks, and the wrx took him pretty easily by a few cars from 20 - 90. the other gsr with major mods who was spinning like crazy from a dig went from a 15mhp roll. wrx was out of boost and he was right in his vtec range so he jumped 2 cars. wrx was pulling him back by 3rd but he shut down. if we had raced from any other speed it wouldn't have been the same result.

the reason for all of this owneage was a new accessport... its been doing its job and boost has been at 14.7 psi in 3rd, 14.2 in second and 13.2 in first. Car feels all around great and was even able to beat a type r from a roll hands down. now just to wait for the exhaust components again...

-burrito
:thumbup: keep up the good work

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
104 Posts
what are your mods? Ifa ll you have is the Cobb AP with out anything else Im going to say that BS. GSR should have killed you.. but if you have other mods I can see it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
im pretty sure he is stage 1 b/c he said "now i have to wait for exhaust components"

which is still really impressive for stage 1. Awesome job dude and keep up the good work, and please dont give us WRX's a bad name by letting one of them beat you, unless they are modded beyond belief lol:D

I cant wait now to get my accessport within the next month or two, and get my uppipe and downpipe on next week (full turbo back then :)) and take down some more cars.

·
Registered
706 Posts
jimi900 said:
what are your mods? Ifa ll you have is the Cobb AP with out anything else Im going to say that BS. GSR should have killed you.. but if you have other mods I can see it.
Why do you call bs on that, a good driver should be able to put a stage I into the high 13s

·
Registered
976 Posts
burrito007 said:

-burrito
Good kills. Sounds like you have some slow ass cars in your town. Glad you kicked some ass! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread, but...silverscooby, I noticed you had a wrx before the srt-4, how are you liking the neon? Not trying to be an a$$ but I was just wondering because I really like both cars and from someone who has modified a wrx and an srt I would just like to know how the srt measures up vs. the awd suby. Thanks and I hope this doesn't ruin ole boy's thread.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wish my town was like that. My sleeper guise has disapeared and now nobody tries to race me.

I'm not big into street racing but I like putting ricers in their place.

Good kill

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
GTScoob said:
I wish my town was like that. My sleeper guise has disapeared and now nobody tries to race me.

I'm not big into street racing but I like putting ricers in their place.

Good kill
You know its funny...no believes my story about how my fmic is really a license plate frame.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Everyone sees the 4" tip and the automatic shifter and the wagon and they're like, he's slow. Then I stall it at 4100 revs and launch, spin all four ****ty RE92s for a sec and then I'm gone.

It worked a couple of times but I dont race for money or anything so it's fun either way.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Suby_Progress said:
Sorry to jack the thread, but...silverscooby, I noticed you had a wrx before the srt-4, how are you liking the neon? Not trying to be an a$$ but I was just wondering because I really like both cars and from someone who has modified a wrx and an srt I would just like to know how the srt measures up vs. the awd suby. Thanks and I hope this doesn't ruin ole boy's thread.
I'll pm you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts