Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wrx- 3' morgan racing catback, blitz bov, gutted uppipe, home made short ram..

crx- b16 motor, dc header, cams, aem pulley set, aem cool intake,
2.5' pipping exhaust,high performance sparks plugs and cable, short shifter, b16 trans-gear, gutted interior, no ac, no power srtearing...
this crx is alot lighter the the orginal car..

what would be the outcome..... please let me know.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
the bov and shot ram do nothing for performance so i'd say that i think the crx would take the wrx hands down....gutted interior motor swap and work done to it....

·
Registered
202 Posts
What kind of Cams is the Crx running or do you mean Cam gears? Personally...i think if you get the launch and hit each shift good....you could probably take him. If you both launch good...you should be taking the lead but if he out launches you then i think he'll have the lead all the way. But thas just my guess.

But my bet is on you (WRX) that you can take the crx. Just get the launch and don't miss a shift :D and lets see that tape already :p

·
Registered
192 Posts
If that B16 is Turbo'd then you're toast. I went to the track last weekend and this guy was running a B16 Turbo Civic w/ FMIC doing low 12's.

Other than that I don't know because I don't know crap about engine swaps and stuff.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
a crx weighs what like 2000lbs or so stripped would make it say 1500 with a motor swap that's 170hp or so with those mods say 220 i dunno honda's well

220 in a 1500lbs car vs
250 in a 3200lbs car

mod estimations or simples guesses

·
Registered
14 Posts
depending on the type of b16, its putting out 160hp (if its an si motor) with those mods he has 180 AT BEST.....

i once raced a guy who was in a crx swapped b18c turbo... and was talking a lot of smack.. enough even to make me think i might lose.... he said he ran mid 11's which i just couldnt believe.... anyway, this guy lined up with me and i destroyed him.. by countless buslengths... we did two runs like this.... then he raced my friends mustang gt auto with some mods... and he beat him also....:rolleyes:

some of them can be VERY fast... but for the most part i dont think you should sweat it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just fenish the race... only 8mb... i just need to know how to get ride of the guy flaging face out.... don't want him to get in trouble...
i did a 2.5k lauch.. bog a little.....his car cherp every gear...
i think if he had slick i loos 4 shure...
but i win by 2 car... he told me..

how do i get the video to u "CustomS10" 4 hosting....

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
i'm surprised u one to tell ya the truth....

email it to me give me a few a little while so i can clear out my email...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts